Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

biore pore strips latex free?? help asap!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM
  • 18 Replies
I've already taken 100mg benadryl and googled my ass off.. I have my epipen standing by in case of a worse reaction.

Does anyone know if they are latex free???

There is nothing on the box about anything rubber/latex so I figured I was okay. I looked at the ingredients.. nothing. I used one and about 15 mins after it touching my face (5 mins after taking it off).. I am all hived up and irritated as fucking hell over this. Ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:36 AM

It could be their "glue" that is giving you a reaction.   I would email them right away and find out.

-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Im waiting on a response. I was hoping maybe someone here had any idea since google isnt helping. My dr is going to tell me to wait to see if it develops any worse since I already took benadryl.

Quoting Anonymous:

It could be their "glue" that is giving you a reaction.   I would email them right away and find out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
copperked
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:43 AM
I don't think it has latex since I've never had a reaction, but the adhesive stuff might be irritating you. But I haven't used them in years so they could have changed how they make them.
TummyTurner
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM
You're allergic to latex too?! What happens when you come in contact with it usually?
TummyTurner
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM
You're allergic to latex too?! What happens when you come in contact with it usually?
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I've never had a reaction.

To put it in perspective if you touch me with a latex glove, I will have a giant red raised itchy hand print for a few days.

I'm not sensitive enough to need an epi pen for one though (although I do have an epi pen fir other things near by)
SueSahara
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I've never had a reaction either is it possible that it might be something else that irritated your skin
I'm allergic to latex as well my skin starts peeling off like a chameleon and then it gets really hard and dry like a rock its really nasty I hate this allergy
LTryon
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:56 AM
There's an ingredient in adhesives that people with latex sensitivity can also have a reaction to... polypropylene. I have to be careful what kind of bandaids I use because even some latex-free ones still have polypropylene in them and I still have a reaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Hives and edema to the point of my throat swelling shut if its near my face/neck and not dealt with fast enough.

I have a mile long list of allergies.

Quoting TummyTurner: You're allergic to latex too?! What happens when you come in contact with it usually?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:01 AM
So fat Ive had nothing but the hives and swelling so I am hoping I am good.. this is ridiculous.

Quoting LTryon: There's an ingredient in adhesives that people with latex sensitivity can also have a reaction to... polypropylene. I have to be careful what kind of bandaids I use because even some latex-free ones still have polypropylene in them and I still have a reaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)