• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aaaah I want another (how much harder is it to have two?)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I had a terrible time having this baby and he's been high needs/colicky/etc.  I went pretty crazy from lack of sleep the first couple of months.  Like crazy crazy.  I'm still breastfeeding.  I don't want to get near my husband.  Yet a part of me is already thinking about another even though I felt pretty certain about just having one before.  The whole time I was pregnant and being sick and so on I was like how the hell do people take care of other kids while going through this.  Then the newborn crazyness made me so glad I just had one.  Even now I don't see how I could take care of two when one wears me out so much. And yet I don't want this to be my last time ever with a cuddly little baby.  Is it the hormones?

I really don't want to deal with crazy sibling rivalry either.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:52 AM

If it was this hard with the first than I would wait until you are at the very least done with nursing and diapers before going for a second.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Having two kids is double the work of course. Double the bath times, double the meals, double the bed time routine, and all of that stuff. Think about all the stuff you do now and just do it twice instead and instead of doubling the mess in your house go ahead and triple it.

lesalmi
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Every pregnancy and child is different. Compared to this baby my dd was EASY. For me the first was easier and the second has been harder. That's not the case for everyone tho. Definitely make sure it's what you want and are ready for. It took me 5 years to be ready for baby #2
BlessingsMama
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Mine are 26 months apart. It isn't that much harder at all in my opinion. My second pregnancy was so much easier and different than my first. Both are still breastfeeding. My boys absolutely adore one another. I do fully anticipate some rivalry when my boys are older but for the time being they're buddies. The first few weeks after baby was born my oldest had to adjust. He threw more tantrums than usual because he was attention seeking. We simply had to designate plenty of individual time for him. It wasn't long before I would go places with just him or go to put him to bed and he'd quickly ask where his brother was and soon after he didn't want to be separated from him.

It is wonderful seeing the love my oldest has for his brother and vise versa. He will be three in March and my youngest will be seven months in a week. How old is your LO?
Ber-Lynn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:13 AM
My daughter is almost 4 and I still have not lost the feeling of having a second even though my first pregnancy was a living hell.
nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:17 AM
My kids are far apart and while it is easier in one sense...older dd can help with my toddler...it stinks that they rarely can do the same activities. I can see why people like having kids closer together.
Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea, I went from 1 to 3 overnight... never got to know what 2 was like...
carolyntx
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this
This exactly

Quoting Fatal_Frost: I have no idea, I went from 1 to 3 overnight... never got to know what 2 was like...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:56 AM
I cant answer that yet.. My ds is 25 months and will 26.5 months exactly when ds2 is born..

With ds1 I had an awful pregnancy and this one has been easier. Ds was a very easy going baby, he hardly ever cried, and was very easy to please for the first 1.5 years. We will have to see how his brother is.. My baby fever got really bad when he was 14 months. I fell pregnant a few months after.
MaiVal
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:01 AM
I'm going on #4. 2 is easy. 3 is when it starts getting hard. I think it's worth it to have a sibling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)