Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg child, sleep!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM
  • 43 Replies
My son has ADHD and anxiety. Getting him to sleep is an even harder task when his dad is TDY ( gone away for an amount of time in the military) or deployed. He's TDY right now.

Elijah takes clonidine to help him sleep. I called for his refill and it's going to take nearly two weeks! It usually only takes 2 days, 3 at most.

I'm saving the few that he has for days we have to get up early. But it's midnight and he's wide awake. I have him 1mg of melatonin, but it's obviously not working. Benadryl has the opposite effect.

Idk what to do. :/
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:01 AM
No one? It's 3 am and I'm just at a loss as what to do. We have a full day ahead of us tomorrow. I have to work a 9 hour shift and he has to go to daycare. We are both going to be exhausted.
blue.chairs
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:04 AM
How old is he? Put on a movie and sleep next to him.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Six, that's what I've been doing. I finally kicked him out of my room and made him go in his. He's talking to himself, trying to talk to me, telling me he's hungry, ect. I'm so freaking tired. :(

Quoting blue.chairs: How old is he? Put on a movie and sleep next to him.
blue.chairs
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Sorry :-/

Quoting lovinmykiddo07: Six, that's what I've been doing. I finally kicked him out of my room and made him go in his. He's talking to himself, trying to talk to me, telling me he's hungry, ect. I'm so freaking tired. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Bump
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:12 AM
It's not your fault. I have him another mg of melatonin (I was told to give no more than 3mg) around midnight and obviously that isn't working either. : sigh :

Quoting blue.chairs: Sorry :-/

Quoting lovinmykiddo07: Six, that's what I've been doing. I finally kicked him out of my room and made him go in his. He's talking to himself, trying to talk to me, telling me he's hungry, ect. I'm so freaking tired. :(

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:13 AM
I got nothing..my mom had the same problem with me down to the clonadine, which knocked my butt out.

I'm sure some ladies here have experience with this. They may just still be asleep!

Bump
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Why does it take them so long?! Call your doctor again, and have him speed up the refill process. Mine did it for my SD several times. They just need a kick in the butt.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Oh trust me, I'm calling tomorrow. I think it has to do with the holidays, but this is a script he very obviously needs.

Quoting AtillaTheHun: Why does it take them so long?! Call your doctor again, and have him speed up the refill process. Mine did it for my SD several times. They just need a kick in the butt.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:22 AM
I really wish I would have realized it would take so long for his script to be refilled. He's been taking .5 mg but even that has started to not work so I think he needs to be bumped up to 1 mg

Quoting thefiregoddess: I got nothing..my mom had the same problem with me down to the clonadine, which knocked my butt out.

I'm sure some ladies here have experience with this. They may just still be asleep!

Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)