Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is THIS what terrible 2's are?!?!?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

i have a 2yo daughter who i will admit is a bit spoiled (daddys girl through and through) and shes okay during the day the usual kid stuff tantrums (over getting the precious permanent marker taken away and stuff like that) but literally as soon as it gets dark she turns into a devil child seriously bad as hell dont listen throws stuff cry's for no reason (fake cry's theres no tears and she smiles every now and then) uuugh its frustrating. she will intentionally knock stuff over, opens the fridge constantly and SLAMS it shut so all the door stuff comes crashing out, dont dare let her see the tablet cause she will scream for hours to play it and its not like we dont let her but when she does she wants to watch you play her games but she wants to do it herself at the same time so that causes problems,she will bang on the fish tank and chase the cat  dump out all her toys and leave them there for no reason other than to make the mess she throws dvds around. and mind you this only happens at night this is not an all day thing.... and it ALL doesnt happen in the same night those are all just examples. and trying to get her to bed??? HA thats a feat in itself she has some good energy even with no naps during the day. she crys and crys and crys and if you try to comfort her she just gets annoyed and screams louder and if you ignore her she gets louder. alot of the time i cant get her to bed till 4-5am! and when i do get her to sleep at a reasonable time she wakes up around 1 am and is up all night! someone told me to give her melatonin an hour before bedtime but i feel 2 is too young to give something like that to...

so is this just terrible twos or do i have some behavioral problems i need to start working on???

note: i am a working mom and hes a stay at home dad.... my job gave more hours since his was seasonal and mine fulltime with benefits. so hes usually the one home with her during the day we agreed someone stay home because she was a preemie (12 weeks early) and we just dont trust daycare. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Threes are worse. Just a warning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof3smoochies
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this
And 4 isn't any better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this

It would not hurt to get her evaluated but it sounds like there is no recognition of mommy being the "boss' since daddy is home with her all day.  What types of discipline does he use with her and what tone of voice does he use?  If he is being too lenient during the day, you will be the bad guy for enforcing rules of behavior.

carolyntx
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Sounds like she's over tired and may need that nap during the day.
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
And 5 is when they start to pick up the "Kindergarten mouth"... aka attitudes and shit from other kids you'd never expect your angel to say.

Quoting Momof3smoochies: And 4 isn't any better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keara20
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine turns into the spawn of satan once it hits dark too. Don't even get me going on bed time. This kid can be evil! Lmao!
I swear, the devil himself could barge into the room and say GO TO BED MILEY and she'd get up in his face and be like NNNNNNOOO!!!!!!!! Then slap that motherfucker
jurbi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Quoting carolyntx: Sounds like she's over tired and may need that nap during the day.

I was thinking the same thing
CheriJ13
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Sounds like my little 2 1/2 yr old daughter.lol only I actually get told "NO! Go away!" Seriously heard me say go away to dh who was being a butt so now she keeps repeating it. could be worse if I had let slip a swear. lol kids ;) some nights are better than others, stand your ground though. they can sense fear and weaknesses before we can. ha ha
bowribbonmama
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:48 AM
And then there is 6 & 7. The "I can do everything on my own and know more than you"

OP, it's definitely the terrible 2s and her testing her limits. Just be consistent.

Quoting -spork2.0-: And 5 is when they start to pick up the "Kindergarten mouth"... aka attitudes and shit from other kids you'd never expect your angel to say.

Quoting Momof3smoochies: And 4 isn't any better.
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Wheb my ds, 2 years 3 months doesn't nap in the day, he doesn't sleep so well at night and is a terror from 4pm onwards, I say shw needs a nap, try getting your dh to factor one in throughout the day
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)