Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FL: Real Public Assistance Question

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM
  • 4 Replies
Due to issues at work and lack of insurance, I resigned and accepted a lower paying job. Since the job ends early, I have time to go back to school at least part-time and secure something under my belt.

My friend suggested that until my benefits kick in at this job apply for medicaid and at the same time foos stamps?

Will I even qualify and if so how documents do I need to supply them with?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Idk about Florida specifically; but when I was on PA in Indiana I needed everyone's social security card, birth cert, photo id for the adults, proof of income(pay stubs, unemployment verification, child support order, etc), copy of my lease, current utility bills, and a current bank statement.

ETA-in Indiana you can apply online. And you are sent an appointment time at the local office. That is when you then have to supply all the documentation.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:06 AM
This about sums it up.

Go.online and see if your state has an.online application. They usually have an eligibility checker on that page too.

Quoting JenB1983: Idk about Florida specifically; but when I was on PA in Indiana I needed everyone's social security card, birth cert, photo id for the adults, proof of income(pay stubs, unemployment verification, child support order, etc), copy of my lease, current utility bills, and a current bank statement.

ETA-in Indiana you can apply online. And you are sent an appointment time at the local office. That is when you then have to supply all the documentation.
Basherte
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:16 AM

It would be better to talk to the assistance office about this. They can tell you if you qualify or not.

CafeMom Tickers
MaiVal
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Go to social services. you'll likely need birth cert and SS card and state ID. Plus anything else. Look online to find out what you need in your state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)