Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM's of high schoolers?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
What's your typical day look like? Do you plan on staying home forever?

My daughter is in 9th grade and I usually volunteer a few days a week at various places in my community.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
copperked
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:41 AM
I did it for one year and didn't have enough to keep me busy at home or any way to get into town while dh was at work and I ended up going crazy. Seriously. I had a full on breakdown. There were other factors, but the day to day isolation at home was the biggest thing, I think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Do you work?

Quoting copperked: I did it for one year and didn't have enough to keep me busy at home or any way to get into town while dh was at work and I ended up going crazy. Seriously. I had a full on breakdown. There were other factors, but the day to day isolation at home was the biggest thing, I think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Bump
copperked
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:48 AM
I'm looking for work right now, but I was a sahm to my hs aged ss 5 years ago. We owned a dump truck, but there wasn't enough office work for the truck or housework to keep me busy during the day. My car had been totalled the spring before (another factor in my depression), so I couldnt even go into town unless I took dh to work and picked him up so I could have the pickup.

Quoting Anonymous: Do you work?

Quoting copperked: I did it for one year and didn't have enough to keep me busy at home or any way to get into town while dh was at work and I ended up going crazy. Seriously. I had a full on breakdown. There were other factors, but the day to day isolation at home was the biggest thing, I think.
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Since both of mine are homeschooling, I need to stay here with them to be their learning guide. I had hoped to be back at work by now, but I'm not sure when that will happen. Actually, with the cattle ranch here, even if the kids were in school full time, I'm not sure how all that needs to be done would get done if I weren't around to do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)