Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who don't take time for themselves have a screw loose

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
4 moms liked this

REally? You devote EVERY spare minute to dick and janes happiness and don't think for one second about your own?  You dote on a grown man, wait on him hand and foot, and then complain because your'e tired...You don't want your kids to pull their weight because it 'might offend' them having to do some work around their own house.  So, you do it all, and have nothing left for yourself....yeah, you have a screw loose.   

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Amen
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Or you're a single mom with a full time job and children in school.....no screw loose just don't have a husband like you to live off of :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this

i was a single mom with kids in school and daycare, worked full time AND went to school...i still found time to pamper myself at least once a week, whether it was a meal out, or a long hot bath. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Or you're a single mom with a full time job and children in school.....

TheFirstNoel
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

If I'm a bad mom for wanting to not go crazy and spend a little time with my friends, then so be it. I don't need to be around my kid 24/7, she knows I love her, and that's what matters. DH and I work, too. We work so we can take vacations so we can BE around our daughter and see how happy she is. 

Lilith.23
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I don't know about them, but feewf i give my best to my family, and *I* am part of that family so yes i take care and time for myself.
If that makes me selfish, oh well I'll be over there with my selfish hair, and nails, and new sweater.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Agree Iam more than happy to take time for myself I'm a sahm(single sahm) and I get frustrated and sometimes overwhelmed so when dd goes with her dad for a weekend I take time and go to the movies to relax the only reason I gave him jc is so I could get a break for myself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Awwh and who's fault is that :)?
Two can play this game.

Quoting Anonymous:

Or you're a single mom with a full time job and children in school.....no screw loose just don't have a husband like you to live off of :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Then you're not doting on a man or waiting on him hand and foot. If your kids are school aged they're old enough for some chores.
I know plenty of single moms who work who still get me time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I've got nothing to add except that I agree with you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I cant take care of everyone else if I dont take care of myself first. I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)