Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think the new health ins laws will help or hurt people?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

can't help but wonder how many it will really HURT in the long run....

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Hurt.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Hurt.

Just reading the posts so many people still dont get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

It is going to hurt my family.  Our insurance rate plus what our deductible will go up to is going to cost more than we make.  We REFUSE to have to use a plan where the state or country helps us out because that is accepting assistance when and where we don't need it.  We have been fine and never needed the government to care for us before why should they now.  I'm not sure what we are going to do.  This whole thing is ridiculous!!!!  My family is making ends meet right now but we are going to go down quick if we have to pay for health insurance that is that expensive.

niki_hubbard
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Well, we now cannot afford to insure me, just the kids and dh. So... hurt. 

Schizomom91
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Hurting us :/
Schizomom91
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Same here

Quoting niki_hubbard:

Well, we now cannot afford to insure me, just the kids and dh. So... hurt. 

erin708
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Hurt. My parents barely make ends meet and if they have to get ins there is no way they will afford their place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy76
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM

The concept is great, the execution and the plans suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Affordable is not a word that should be anywhere near the current plan. No one I know can afford the insurance they are selling. Hell even my health insurance at work went up by twice the amount it usually does. I almost had to drop my coverage because of it. Instead now I pay a whole hell of a lot more for a lot less coverage. It's a complete joke. I will have health insurance next year but wont be able to use it because the co-pays are to much after paying the monthly premiums.

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I think it depends on who you ask. Some aspects of it have helped quite a few people while other aspects have only hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM

It will end up hurting alot of people. I have seen companies stop paying for spouse/family because of the increase of covering their employee. 

Our insurance increased from $340 a month to $487 due to the affordable care act. We have to pay for coverage and then get it reimbursed. The sad part is, our insurance company sent us a rebate check because they didn't spend the allocated amount on health care services. Now they are increasing the payments, will we get a bigger reimbursement check next year? Of course a small portion is to pay the affordable care act fee? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)