Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weight loss help ladies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I need to get off my ass and take this more seriously.

I am an all time high and hate it! Glad I do because if not that would be a true problem.

What veggies are in your fridge for snacking?

I need You tube video ideas for beginners please.

There is other posts from some looking for same ill go read for other ideas.

Please I am serious and reaching out. What better crowd than Confessions
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Bump
OvenInUse
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I used an app to help me lose my pregnancy weight after my 2nd baby was born. I found that I just didn't realize how much I was truly eating in a day. Once you start tracking it you are able to see exactly what you need to cut out or cut down on. I also was able to track my exercise as well which was using an elliptical and yoga. Another thing I did was water, water, water!! Drink as much as you can. Everyone will have different suggestions so just use trial and error to see works unless it's diet pills. I don't believe in those at all. Unless you have a thyroid disorder or something of that nature good old fashioned diet and exercise works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I just downloaded one of these apps. I have seen others say they use this idea also
serious question what veggies do you keep in your fridge

Quoting OvenInUse: I used an app to help me lose my pregnancy weight after my 2nd baby was born. I found that I just didn't realize how much I was truly eating in a day. Once you start tracking it you are able to see exactly what you need to cut out or cut down on. I also was able to track my exercise as well which was using an elliptical and yoga. Another thing I did was water, water, water!! Drink as much as you can. Everyone will have different suggestions so just use trial and error to see works unless it's diet pills. I don't believe in those at all. Unless you have a thyroid disorder or something of that nature good old fashioned diet and exercise works.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Clean eating... Start with maybe walking... HIIT YouTube videos... I eat a lot of asparagus, broccoli, kale, spinach, califlower... I use those Glad Microwave plastic bags to steam my veggies but if I have time I do roasted veggies.

Rockabella
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Here's what I did when I lost about 90 pounds a couple years ago

I was embarrassed to go to a gym so I did a stength training biggest loser DVD twice a week. All of the other days I did Leslie sans one walk away the pounds DVD it was cheap to buy and you don't need a ton of space to do it.

Go for more walks, park further away at grocery stores so you have to walk more

I started out with 1600 calories a day. After two months I went down to 1500, then a couple moths after I went to 1300 which is the lowest amount I went to

I started eating at 8 am each meal and snack I drank a bottle of water with. I ate every two hours until 8 then I didn't eat a single thing after 8 pm. My dinner would be around six and at 8 I would have a healthy snack.

Things I ate were

Oatmeal
Whole wheat toast
Low fat English muffins
Low fat blue berry muffins
Egg whites
Special K cereal with skin milk
Carnation breakfast drinks
Slim fast

Granola
Yogurt
Oranges
Apples
Celery
Carrots
Pretzels (a serving of)
Low fat cheese

Turkey on wheat or in a wrap
Grilled chicken
Tuna
Fish sandwich
OvenInUse
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM
The one I have always is kale!! It is my favorite. I wash and dry it. Throw it in a bowl and sprinkle pepper and a slight amount of sea salt, and a teaspoonful of olive oil. Mix it all together and bake it for just a few minutes until crispy and it is delicious! My 14 and 2 year old eat them instead of chips. I also keep spinach, broccoli, green beans, baby carrots, mushrooms at all times! They are my go to for salads and to put on my veggie burgers.

Quoting Anonymous: I just downloaded one of these apps. I have seen others say they use this idea also

Quoting OvenInUse: I used an app to help me lose my pregnancy weight after my 2nd baby was born. I found that I just didn't realize how much I was truly eating in a day. Once you start tracking it you are able to see exactly what you need to cut out or cut down on. I also was able to track my exercise as well which was using an elliptical and yoga. Another thing I did was water, water, water!! Drink as much as you can. Everyone will have different suggestions so just use trial and error to see works unless it's diet pills. I don't believe in those at all. Unless you have a thyroid disorder or something of that nature good old fashioned diet and exercise works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
You're right, its great that you hate it lol! Carrot sticks are great for snacking. They give you energy and keep you full. They also take a long time to chew so the snack lasts a while and you satisfy your munchies. I also like snow peas and grape tomatoes. Fruit is always good to snack on, or almonds. And make sure you're drinking plenty of water. Get a plastic (bpa-free!) water bottle and take it with you EVERYWHERE. You want to drink at least 64 oz/day. Good luck Mama you can do it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Notes taken :)

Quoting SunshneDaydream: You're right, its great that you hate it lol! Carrot sticks are great for snacking. They give you energy and keep you full. They also take a long time to chew so the snack lasts a while and you satisfy your munchies. I also like snow peas and grape tomatoes. Fruit is always good to snack on, or almonds. And make sure you're drinking plenty of water. Get a plastic (bpa-free!) water bottle and take it with you EVERYWHERE. You want to drink at least 64 oz/day. Good luck Mama you can do it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I love kale great idea

Quoting OvenInUse: The one I have always is kale!! It is my favorite. I wash and dry it. Throw it in a bowl and sprinkle pepper and a slight amount of sea salt, and a teaspoonful of olive oil. Mix it all together and bake it for just a few minutes until crispy and it is delicious! My 14 and 2 year old eat them instead of chips. I also keep spinach, broccoli, green beans, baby carrots, mushrooms at all times! They are my go to for salads and to put on my veggie burgers.

Quoting Anonymous: I just downloaded one of these apps. I have seen others say they use this idea also

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)