• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Me Out Of Here!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

DH and I had a good, long discussion last night.
He's really unhappy here in Texas.
He hates his job, he hates the heat ( and so do I. And, yeah, it's winter, but it'll heat up soon enough...), and the fact that his boss is his sister's husband doesn't help.
BIL wants him to talk about work ALL THE TIME.
When we're visiting, BIL always brings up work, no matter how many times SIL, DH and I have told him that home is not the time for shop talk.

So, we're moving to Washington state. My home. We'll be close to my dad, his wife, my sister and her husband and their three kids.

BUT- DH is really smart when it comes to moving. He wants us to have $12,000 saved up before we go.
That way we can afford a moving truck, three months bills, rent and food in case it takes him that long to find a job (it won't, it never does. DH is a provider. He finds a job quickly, always. Never out if work for more than a month.).
We calculated it. We'll be moving in the summertime of 2016.
We need to save for three years to get that kind of money.
My kids will then be 10, 8 and 6.
The youngest barely going into first grade, the oldest almost ready for middle school.

I just want to go home.
I cannot freaking wait!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM

That seems so far away time wise. I would be cutting corners to help make the move sooner if possible. best of luck.

CPatt0708
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Yayyy for WA state :) that's my home too but right now I live in VA :( boooo lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Yeah, at his point, the only way to cut corners is to not eat.
We have low rent, hardly ever go out, very little extras, we don't smoke, hardly drink, and when we do, it's at BIL and SIL's house on their dime, ya know?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

That seems so far away time wise. I would be cutting corners to help make the move sooner if possible. best of luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I miss is so much!

I NEED the forest, the rain, the beauty...
My soul feels like it's dying, lol.
I just can't take it.

Quoting CPatt0708: Yayyy for WA state :) that's my home too but right now I live in VA :( boooo lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Its also a lot more expensive to live in wa than tx. So having a lot of cushion money is a good decision. Jobs here suck too lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Yeah, I guess.
But we're just barely making it here and DH is just plain miserable.
He was told so many lies by his sister to get us out here and none of it has come to pass.

I love his sister. Don't get my wrong. But I can't help feeling upset with her for DH's sake, ya know?

And DH loves driving. That is his dream job, and all he's done since we;ve been together- until he came to Texas to work for his BIL. He hates what he's doing now.
And now they are trying to force him into a management position that he just doesn't want.
And BIL gets angry whenever DH tells him how he feels.

Quoting Anonymous: Its also a lot more expensive to live in wa than tx. So having a lot of cushion money is a good decision. Jobs here suck too lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Driving as in trucks? Well, now there's lots of truck driving up here. Good pay from what I've heard and sometimes sign on bonuses.
I look through a lot of job sites lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I guess.
He was told so many lies by his sister to get us out here and none of it has come to pass.

I love his sister. Don't get my wrong. But I can't help feeling upset with her for DH's sake, ya know?

And DH loves driving. That is his dream job, and all he's done since we;ve been together- until he came to Texas to work for his BIL. He hates what he's doing now.
And now they are trying to force him into a management position that he just doesn't want.

Quoting Anonymous: Its also a lot more expensive to live in wa than tx. So having a lot of cushion money is a good decision. Jobs here suck too lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Not CDL, though.
He usually delivers to businesses/
Like, his last job before this he was driving a box truck delivering sandwiches to shops and convenience stores and pharmacy-type things- like Walgreens.

Quoting Anonymous: Driving as in trucks? Well, now there's lots of truck driving up here. Good pay from what I've heard and sometimes sign on bonuses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Still lots of jobs. And cdl schools.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not CDL, though.
He usually delivers to businesses/
Like, his last job before this he was driving a box truck delivering sandwiches to shops and convenience stores and pharmacy-type things- like Walgreens.

Quoting Anonymous: Driving as in trucks? Well, now there's lots of truck driving up here. Good pay from what I've heard and sometimes sign on bonuses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I guess.

Aujonfire
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:14 PM
What does your husband do and what area are you looking to live in? My family and I just moved this past summer from AZ (couldn't stand the heat, either) to WA. :) I can relate so much, I'm excited for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)