Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you work from home???

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 23 Replies

If you work from home, what do you do? What did you have to do to be able to work from home?! 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BambiF
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I'm a home Childcare provider. Probably not what you mean though lol
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I do not however an E friend I have does. She does tech support for xbox live. All she needed was a computer and a quiet place to log in to answer calls. Many businesses do tech support and call centers from home based phones. 

Bubbie0809
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I work for an insurance company. I worked in the office for 12 years and then they sent me home to work.
tonijustine
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Like bubbie, I work in insurance (fora broker, though). I worked at my employer for 6 years when I asked if I could telecommute 3 days a week. I had a 5 page or so proposal about the benefits and what I thought wld be needed, what I would pay for and what the company would pay for.  In the end, we had a termination of a long term employee that got messy and my boss wanted to make sure I was aware and OK with it (he is good about that) and of I had anything I needed from him. I brought up my proposal (as in, "The only thing I think you have for me is your response on mybtelecommuting proposal."). He said, I haven't read it but I am sure it is fine. call out IT guy and have him order you a laptop and get started. Have been doing it ever since.

i have an office in the basement, high speed Internet (no small feat out here in the boonies), and bring my laptop home every other day.   All our files are electronic and my office phone can be forwarded to ring to my cell phone.

Works like a charm.

Quoting Bubbie0809: I work for an insurance company. I worked in the office for 12 years and then they sent me home to work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Bump.. I'd like to see the opportunities!
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM

no 

here's a bump for ya!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM
When I'm finished with school I will be able to work from home. 2 more years of school left. I'm learning to be a court reporter, which encompasses several career choices, like broadcast captioning or scoping, which can be done from home.
Trying4onemore
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Yes

i am a eBay retailer I buy low and sale higher from wholesales

purses

sex toys

Disney movies

jewelry 

etc

i started doing it 9 months ago when dd was born, but I knew I wanted to while pregnant so I emailed,called and went to see the wholesalers while pregnant to set everything up.

we own our own business already so I was going to be a SAHM either way I just wanted MY money still 

AmandaMichele
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I just got a work at home job that I start in a few days. It is with Lionbridge as an internet assessor. My sister in law does the same with LeapForce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedAgain3
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
What do you do exactly?

Quoting AmandaMichele: I just got a work at home job that I start in a few days. It is with Lionbridge as an internet assessor. My sister in law does the same with LeapForce.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)