Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mil bought my daughter a freaking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

bra for Christmas, She doesn't even have bumps yet. I bought her, her first bra over the summer time to get her ready. My daughter is going through puberty she got pit hair. My mil gave her a bunch of things for Christmas presents too. But to put them in with cloths she bought them in front of all the family seems a little inappropriate to me. Im not mad that she bought them. I just think it wasn't the time or place, She gets her things through out the year. We go over occasionally for a dinner, she could have done it there. Not in front of the whole family, aunts and uncles. My daughter is 10 years old she will be 11 in Feb.

I just think it was poor timing on my mil. Like I said there is a time and a place. Im not embarassed yes I know everyone wears panties and bras. Its just that is a little personal to be doing infront of the whole family. Everyone doesn't need to know that she is going through puberty when she doesn't even have buds yet.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

wait.... pit hair, but no buds? Seriously? How old is she??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

She is 10 will be 11 in Feb

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM
4 moms liked this

We always got undies and bras for Christmas. My brothers got underwear, cups for sports etc.  It never bothered me. Its not MIL being nasty its her comfort zone being different from yours.

onaflowers
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Who buys a child a bra for a gift? Fuckin weirdos. This is like the third bra gift post.
HistoryMamaX3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Why make it a big deal? Girls wear bras. Nothing to be embarrassed about... our attitudes teach our daughters how to react. Your mom bought her a new outfit- awesome! End of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quoting onaflowers: Who buys a child a bra for a gift? Fuckin weirdos. This is like the third bra gift post.

Why is that so weird? It's not like she bought her JUST a bra. 

NeonGirl9583
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM
My 5 year old wears a bra
onaflowers
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM
It is just a personal thing that a mother should buy to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting onaflowers: Who buys a child a bra for a gift? Fuckin weirdos. This is like the third bra gift post.

Why is that so weird? It's not like she bought her JUST a bra. 

Mrseoc
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM

i have to agree, girls wear bras. Maybe it's time for your little lady to get some lessons in undies. I'd take her on a shopping trip if i was you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM

How do you mean? 

Quoting Mrseoc:

i have to agree, girls wear bras. Maybe it's time for your little lady to get some lessons in undies. I'd take her on a shopping trip if i was you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)