Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OBAMACARE ...Will you and your family be suffering from...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

Obamacare ?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
J-KsMommy
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Yep. We can't afford insurance and the policies they have are too expensive and cover nothing. It's more economical to keep paying out of pocket per month and pay the penalty. Right now I pay 66-85 per month for each dr visit. If I had the cheapest Obama care plan I would be paying 1500 per month.
momto3infl
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

No,first time in 5yrs no changes to the insurance my husband's company offeres the family due to the new laws.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM

yeah we dont have insurance. We cant pay for that. I love the people who tell me

"oh you can pay for this or that bt you cant pay for insurance!?" no i cannot buster! 

Obama should have just gotten rid of insurance companies... THAT would have solved the problem. The insurance companies are the only reason medical expenses are so high.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing will change for us, we have coverage through DH's work.  It went up a little for 2014 but that is to be expected every year anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope if anything our insurance is better because they are covering more things.
Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
No, we've always gotten it through dh's employer. We're paying the exact same price we have been for years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

No our insurance is actually $100 cheaper a month now.  Most people I have talked to have had lower insurance because of obamacare.

CelestialSong
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Nope. We had to settle for an insurance plan that's not quite as good as what we had before, but none of us will suffer for it and we'll be paying less monthly for it. I believe the deductible is a bit higher, but unless I were to accidentally get pregnant again it shouldn't make much difference.

Keara20
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
The fine is cheaper lol
angevil53
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Nope we have great insurance!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)