Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how we can pay $700 health insurance each month

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
We used to qualify for Medicaid and we don't anymore. I don't know how we are going to afford insurance that high each month. We think as may cut out Internet and cable but it only helps a little

We get about 2500 a month

But we pay rent ($500) water ($40) sewage ($40) trash ($30) gas ($100) electric ($100) lease payment ($300) car insurance ($100) food ($500) insurance ($600) cable/phone/Internet ($120) loan payment ($88) and gas for the van ($150)

That doesn't even include laundry detergent, trash bags, and other house hold things.

Other than the cable package I don't know what to let go of everything else I kind of have to pay.

Anyone else feel like they're just drowning?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punksjs
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Check into a subsidiary.

punksjs
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM

They are supposed to have designed plans that will cost almost $0 after the subsidiary if you qualify for one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Bump
Mystres
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I know how you feel. Cable and my gym membership are the only two things I could stop and still be living paycheck to pay check.
Things will get better next DEC 2014. When my car is paid off
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Ugh ours is $1100. It crazy. But we don't have any financial issues. If we did there would be few things to cut out but not enough to pay for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM
You went from qualifying for Medicaid to having to shell out 700/mo? Wow. That's assinine. I'd keep looking into it or saying fuck you to ohamacare.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Is that what it's called in Nebraska? 

Quoting Anonymous: You went from qualifying for Medicaid to having to shell out 700/mo? Wow. That's assinine. I'd keep looking into it or saying fuck you to ohamacare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Ha. No. To make that joke it would be omaha.. you got your letters mixed. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that what it's called in Nebraska? 

Quoting Anonymous: You went from qualifying for Medicaid to having to shell out 700/mo? Wow. That's assinine. I'd keep looking into it or saying fuck you to ohamacare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
We have been paying that for years. It's life. I have made less than you and still paid our own insurance. Never received a dime of any outside help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM

The economy will suffer and have a domino effect. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)