Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want this way of life any more

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

The weird thing is, I'm finally at a good place in my life. I have a great job, all of our bills are paid and then some. We can afford vacations and new cars. Our pretty but modest home is paid off. I have a 401K.  We're not wealthy, just living the American Dream.

I just don't want any of this any more. I don't want to hear another morning traffic report for the rest of my life. I'm sick of concrete. I'm sick of  weekends. I'm sick of baby announcements. I'm sick of advertising and losing the remote control.

I just want a simpler life and I don't feel like I can do that here, where everyone lives like a mouse chasing that cheese. I'm sure it can be done but I just don't know. I want to run off to Thailand like this couple. Of course, they don't have a children's college fund to fill, but still.

Anyone else ever feel this way?? :)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nice_Dragon
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Yep and that is why I live in the sticks.

Look for something less then an hour drive from work and go for it.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this
We did and moved far away from family. For us, it was more the drama and nonsense with family, as we've always been more slowed down than other folks.

I say do what makes you happy! If you aren't, find out what does. Find your passion and run with it!
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
You don't have to live a life you don't want to live. Do something about it.
Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Do what it takes to find as much peace as you can. It's out there - a simpler life, you just have to figure out where and then make it happen.

Good Luck Mama. 

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
If i could move to the adderondaks right now i would. The farther in the better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

is this a feeling that you have off and on, or a nagging that you "have to get away"? If it is constant, I would talk to your hubby about it (if you are married etc. :)  Perhaps he is ready for a change too? There are ways to live more simply in the US, and there are also ways to move abroad to do that.  Do you have kids that would impact your moving somewhere? Do you have a hobby you are passionate about, that can bring a fun change? I don't usually feel that way, but I traveled a lot before I met my hubby (I worked in an outdoor environmental job duirng the school year in TX, and had my summers to travel. I spent 2 of them as a backpacking guide in CO....) so I feel I Had my chance to be away from traffic and tv, and just enjoy nature etc.  Now I am content/happy to be married and doing household stuff....but we live rural which does help keep things calm.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Only you can change you.

But I'm not clicking your link ;-)
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

No sorry I love where my life is at right now. I have a hard working husband. I have wonderful PT job. My kids are amazing I am so proud of the young adults they are. My health could be better but It also could be a lot worse. I am blessed to be at the stage we are at when so many are struggling.

Sounds like you need to make some changes in your life. I would start with maybe your job. I am lucky to work 15 mins from home. I dont worry about traffic and traffic reports. I live outside the city where their is plenty of green space.

Talk with your partmner and come up with a plan. best of luck.

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Life is what you make it.  If you need changes, make them :)

angevil53
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM
3 moms liked this
Of course people want to do that. I want a farm with goats and chickens ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)