• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so mad at my four year old he spit on my newborn

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

My four year old spit on my newborn. I am so angry and upset with him. My four year old has been a monster lately.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tisstash
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

His he jealous? My daughter would be in a bit of trouble if she spit on anyone, especially her infant brother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM

LOL...couldn't help it when i read the title...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Guess he's letting you know what he thinks of the baby.  Sounds like he needs some one on one with mommy

insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
He is no longer an only and thats how hes reacting over having to share mommy. This too shall pass soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Four year old's don't understand things like that and why they are so bad, spitting doesn't have the same connotation of disrespect to them as it does to us, to them it's just fun. Don't freak out and stay upset with him, just explain in a firm tone that he is never to do that again, that it is gross and it is mean to his brother and he would not want people spitting on him. Then put him in timeout for eight minutes, take away something for the day, and have him apologize to his brother. explain what he did, why it was wrong, and what he should have done. He's not a monster, he's just a kid figuring things out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I gather he has spit before since he knows how to do it. What did you do other than being mad at him?   

TheFirstNoel
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Obviously you didn't do enough to prepare him as to becoming a big brother. He's been a monster because you didn't prepare him. Of course he spit on the kid. He was never taught anything else. 

NeonGirl9583
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Kids will be kids. Let them get used to each other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I wonder what he would think if the mother spit on him.  You think he understand the meaning then? 

Quoting lenashark:

Four year old's don't understand things like that and why they are so bad, spitting doesn't have the same connotation of disrespect to them as it does to us, to them it's just fun. Don't freak out and stay upset with him, just explain in a firm tone that he is never to do that again, that it is gross and it is mean to his brother and he would not want people spitting on him. Then put him in timeout for eight minutes, take away something for the day, and have him apologize to his brother. explain what he did, why it was wrong, and what he should have done. He's not a monster, he's just a kid figuring things out.

Scarpetta71
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quoting Tisstash:

His he jealous? My daughter would be in a bit of trouble if she spit on anyone, especially her infant brother.

Nice.Not. How did you respond to that? ( sorry this was for the OP not you) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)