• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A friend of mine's ex-wife is being a bitch

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 15 Replies

A friend of mine, I've known him forever...well he's been divorced for a year now and he never get to see his 3 children even though he pays child support because his ex-wife won't let their children see their father. He's depressed, working too hard so he can pay child support for his children, he really wants to see them. His ex-wife blocked him on Facebook, then they saw each other in person she called him a "deadbeat sperm donor", well I think his ex-wife is more a deadbeat herself well he said that she only cared about herself and his ex-wife's sister found out that his ex-wife using the child support money to buy her brand new expensive things for herself and nothing for the children. He's going to court soon to tell the judge and I'm pretty sure the judge will let him see his children after he's been paying child support, hopefully have full custody of them since his ex-wife only cares about herself. I'm going through a divorce, waiting to be finalized reason why because my soon to be ex-husband cheated on me, he found another job and he told me he will continue paying child support for our daughter and of course I will let my daughter see her daddy even he and I aren't together anymore. It's not really fair to him thought, he's paying child support and his ex-wife won't let him see his children and he hasn't seen them in about a year now. 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveNaCupcake
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Holy run on sentence batman!

I agree, if a guy is paying child support and there are no valid reasons to not allow him to see his kids he should see his kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

There are 2 sides to every story, remember that. Just because he's telling you he's paying his CS doesn't necessarily mean he is. CS and visitation have nothing to do with each other. If he's authorized visitation it's his FAULT he hasn't pursued this earlier and taken her back to court for not following the order (if there is one). You can't bitch and complain about something you aren't willing to change or fight for. And it doesn't matter what she spends the CS money on, it cannot be regulated by anyone. As long as the kids have a roof over their head, clothes, shoes, and food, it's all good in the courts eyes. Unless she's unfit chances are slim that he'll get full custody of those kids.

mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM

That is sad, hope he gets to see them soon.

sara82lee
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Child support is not a ticket to seeing your kids.

He should be seeing them regardless. She's been stopping him, and up til now he's been letting her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Unless there is a reason not to, it is sad she won't let him see the kids. But, child support is her money to do whatever she wants with, no judge is going to care about that as long as the children's needs are met. It's also unlikely he could get full custody, although hopefully he works out a reasonable visitation schedule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
She can't stop him from seeing his children.

He should have been in court a long time ago fighting for custody.

And just because he says he pays chi support doesn't mean he does.

There are two sides to every story. He could be a nice guy to you and an ass hole to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM

You should really try to mind your own business, this doesn't concern you in the slightest.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM

lol at holy run on sentence batman

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

Holy run on sentence batman!

I agree, if a guy is paying child support and there are no valid reasons to not allow him to see his kids he should see his kids.

Goodbye.BlueSky
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Idk how it is everywhere, but my ex pays zero child support and I still have to let him see the kids. He hasn't seen them in a year, but even so if he decides to take his visitation time I can't say no. Not unless I want the sheriff at my door and a court date to discuss my contempt charges. He should have had her in court a long time ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
How do you know that she isn't letting him see his children? How do you know that he is paying his CS. He could be lying to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)