Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would This Bother You?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Me, my son and my sister went out to eat.

My son was eating burritos and he was not eating them the way you would normally eat them, like from the ends.

Instead he eats them from the sides.

Idgaf, cause he's eating, ya know? Eat it whatever way you want long as you eat it.

My sister said if it was her kid it would bother her and she would instruct them to eat it the "right" way. She has 5 grown kids btw so it's not like she isn't experienced.

I love my sister and she wasn't trying to be a bitch, she just has some weird hangups about stuff like that. We all have weird hangups.

Would it have bothered you? The burrito was just a cheese and chicken burrito so it wasn't making a mess. My son is 4 and has ASD so food is not something I want to make a battle, if he eats it who cares what way it's consumed as long as he eats it lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM

As long as he wasn't being a slob and making an ungodly mess, Nope it wouldn't bother me at all.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No it would not bother me how he eats it. Your sister needs to learn its OK to "color outside the lines"

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I would show my ds how to eat it the right way. I've had to do that before, lol. But if he just really liked eating it that way I wouldn't care... unless all the insides are spilling out everywhere. Because then what's the point of a burrito? Lol
CPatt0708
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
This

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

No it would not bother me how he eats it. Your sister needs to learn its OK to "color outside the lines"

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
No....he was eating & that would be good,enough for me
TheFirstNoel
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

It would bother me. Why does it matter how somebody eats? There is no right way to eat food. Sometimes I've jokingly pointed out to my friends or my DH if they eat something differently, but they know I'm joking. I wouldn't try to instruct them or force them to eat something in a different way than they were used to. 

polkaspots
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
It would bother me so I wouldn't watch him eat it. Ds does things like that, he'll take a sandwich and start eating the top of it instead of the sides like a normal person. I simply don't sit there and watch him eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

That too, because a burrito is a burrito and they are kind of messy in general, but he actually doesn't make a huge mess surprisingly. He's actual very anal about being clean and not being messy. I was the same way when I was young.

Quoting Snapdragon88: I would show my ds how to eat it the right way. I've had to do that before, lol. But if he just really liked eating it that way I wouldn't care... unless all the insides are spilling out everywhere. Because then what's the point of a burrito? Lol

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Nope I wouldnt care
ChicagoMimi
by Mimi on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Who cares how he ate it, as long as it got eaten.

She would hate me then because I unwrap my burritos and eat the inside and leave the tortilla.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)