• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He just hates getting changed!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
My son will be one tomorrow and lately it has been hell changing his diaper. He just knows, the moment I bring him into his room to change he flips out! I lay him down and all he wants to do is roll around and get away! Then he just cries and screams the whole time. I don't understand what his problem is with it. I try distracting him with toys and singing to him, it doesn't last long until he's freaking out again.. I wish I could strap him down without him escaping! Anybody else have or had this issue with their kids? I can imagine its sorta normal, but what do you do? Just deal with it? I only hope it gets better :(
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lillettemomma
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a 2 and 3 year old and changes are still difficult.....basically I have learned to hold them down with one hand and change with the other
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I recall having that issue with my daughter....I believe it's them exerting their independence and free will and they dislike that it's a routine they have little control over and fight you over it.

beethann
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I hold my son down with my legs when gets that way
destiny3513
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My nine Month old is that way. I just hold him and try to do it quick....sometimes I let him walk naked for a few minutes and try again.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

OH, I remember now!

I would make it a game during that stage. Tickle and blow raspberries on her tummy and let her "wipe" herself and feel like she had a little control.

Takes longer, but it's not such a fight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)