• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children outgrowing things

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter was a Justin Bieber fan, but she told me she didn't like him anymore and now she's a fan of One Direction. She loved Dora the Exporer since she was 2 years old, but she said "that show is for babies, I'm not a baby anymore". She's 7 years old now, but she went from one thing to another probably a phase like I went through when I was young. I was into New Kids on the Block when I was her age and I wanted to go to their concert, but my biological parents wouldn't take me and used their money on drugs insead...oh well I outgrew them a few years after that. Just wondering, anything you or your children was into but outgrew now? 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

My son used to enjoy watching bubble guppies, but not anymore, now he's into this show called paw patrol. It happens.

My step daughter used to be in love with Dora and now she is a pre teen and is more into japense animation 

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Thats a lot for a 7 year old...

My 12 year old was into bieber for a few years, but is currently into one direction.. And, when she was younger was a big dora fan, but obviously grew out of that.

As they grow, and change, so does their taste and styles. Just watch to see if its really THEIR taste changing, or if they are just following fads. I buy my kids things I know they are really into. If I can tell they are just liking something cause' their friends too, im not going to waste my money.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM

My daughter has been spoon-fed Japanese animation since she was a small child...The titles are just changing.

I prefer their animation and storylines and I can appreciate that I can watch what she's watching and enjoy it just as much.

American cartoons are shit. Except for Scooby Doo and a few other gems.

What was once classic Astro Boy and Hayao Miyazaki films is turning into Card Captor Sakura and Sailor Moon.

I am so fucking proud of my little Otaku. :)

isaiahsmom321
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM
My son is 8 and loved starwars last year. Never watch a real movie. He liked the lego game and cartoons. I have boxed up all starwars toys last year. He likes ninjas turtles now lol. But for the last maybe three years he has loved sharks and still does. Books toys posters tee shirts movies.I love that he loves sharks. He knows so much about them. Everybook order we get a new shark book.
AlleyCat08
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM
You know they were high as kites in Scooby Doo?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

My daughter has been spoon-fed Japanese animation since she was a small child...The titles are just changing.

I prefer their animation and storylines and I can appreciate that I can watch what she's watching and enjoy it just as much.

American cartoons are shit. Except for Scooby Doo and a few other gems.

What was once classic Astro Boy and Hayao Miyazaki films is turning into Card Captor Sakura and Sailor Moon.

I am so fucking proud of my little Otaku. :)

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Scooby Doobie Doo :3

Quoting AlleyCat08: You know they were high as kites in Scooby Doo?

AVE SATANAS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)