Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your husband/partner.....

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 133 Replies

sleep together or separately? I have been hearing a lot lately from women who sleep separate or wish they did.

My husband and I have been for a while, it started when DD was little and would climb into bed with us. He is a super heavy sleeper and I didn't trust him in bed with her so he would get up and move when she came to bed. He would come sleep on a blanket on the living room floor (he actually finds this more comfortable than the bed! He has some back problems and does better on a hard surface)

I have found I love it for a few reasons... since I had DD I have become a really light sleeper. He is a very heavy sleeper and also snores. I cannot sleep with all this noise and I get very frequent migraines (especially after a night of little or no sleep) and it has helped a lot not having him in bed with me. Also I go to sleep around 11 and he is a night owl so he stays in the living room watching tv until he crashes out in there around 2am.

This has not affected our intimacy, we are not living as roommates, we definitely make time for that stuff this is just while sleeping. I'm not interested in hearing from people that think this will create a problem between us since we are both happier this way.  I was just curious how many other couples do this?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

We have always slept together in the same bed and we have no plans on changing that.

“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

sburger315
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Together but with seperate sheets. I like to curl and cuddle with the blankets and he usually kicks them off. 

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM
We have our own bedrooms. He snores waaaay to bad for me to sleep in the same bed!
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Well I suppose youre not interested in hearing from me.. so bump.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM

We sleep together on a full size bed (!!!)

We share a comforter, but we both have our own lap blankets to cover the gaps.

Could not imagine not snuggling with my Koala bear every night!!!

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I sleep with my husband 2 nights out of 3, and miss him on the 3rd night.  we do have our own covers so we don't have blanket fights in our sleep all night, but we never allowed the girls in our bed.  he has a cpap machine to deal with the snoring (which I've only heard two or three times in a dozen years, and only when his mask was bumped out of place).

12345abcde54321

we mostly sleep separately. i sleep terribly when he's in the bed..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM
We had been sleeping separate, but working on sleeping together again....
AZHOTMOM
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, wouldn't work for us. I do not like to sleep alone.

But if it works for you and you still get the intimacy needed in a marriage then thats great!

misskriss10
1 mom liked this
We have always slept together. I don't think that will ever change
But to each their own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)