Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I kissed another man last night *edit* *edit to the edit lots of replies so doing big response"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 206 Replies
5 moms liked this
And I feel horrible. My Husband and I are going through a rough patch. He recently told me he wants to separate for awhile. It broke my heart. I feel rejected. Last night a good friend of mine stopped by my work after he got off work. We talked and talked and he was there while I closed. We sat in my car and talked some more. We had this tense spark between us snd we kissed. I dont know what to do. I feel horrible I know its not right. I am going to tell my husband just dont know how to since we are already in a bad position

Well I go to work and come back to over 100 comments. I will try to answer my best might take me a bit.

Ok so I finally read all the replies. Sorry that took me awhile, was taking care of kids and dinner and mom stuff. I want to thank you all for your support. I see the main consensus is to not say a thing. Yes I do feel horrible. But I think you might all be right that it could be used against me. For the ones saying my friend took advantage of the situation, idk if he did or not I've known him since before my husband we have always been good friends. Someone asked if there has been previous tension. Many many years ago there was when we first met but nothing ever came of it. So after some time I never thought of it. So maybe he did maybe he didn't. He knows of my rough patch but we didn't discuss much of it last night. I place more blame on myself then my friend. So I will most definitely back off u ntill things are worked out. Others of you have asked why my husband wants a seperation. He stated that things just feel different and we are growing apart. I never realized he believed it was that bad but maybe I've been in denial. Who wants to admit their marriage is falling apart? I most certainly dont want to that is for sure. I have worked so hard to keep things together to not see that a part of me was falling apart. Thank you all for not bashing and turning this into something crazy. And for the ladies who say it was wrong I know you are right. What I did was wrong. I take full blame for my actions. But I think I will take the advice and keep it for now.

"We were on a break!" Thank you for the others for this laugh. Its been a while. :-)

My first feature!.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM
95 moms liked this

If he has told you he wants to seperate for awhile, I don't think you did anything wrong.  Emotionally risky, yes.  Wrong, no.  Honestly I wouldn't even tell your husband.  I would chalk it up to being an emotional wreck over the separation and figure out what you want to do in regards to your friend, and your marriage. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
30 moms liked this

I am NOT defending your actions, but extreme emotional vulnerability makes people do things they regret later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
16 moms liked this
I wouldn't tell him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

This exactly! I guess you can look on the bright side--at least you guys didn't end up naked in bed!  

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I am NOT defending your actions, but extreme emotional vulnerability makes people do things they regret later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:47 AM
7 moms liked this
If I were in the same position I most likely wouldn't tell DH.
I wouldn't do it again though. I wouldn't do anything until I knew exactly what was going on in my marriage.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM
6 moms liked this
You are on a break, there is no need to tell him. Dont do it again if you dont want to and thats good enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think your H needs to know until you figure out what it means to you. If you decide to work on your marriage he will need to know. If the marriage is over its none of his business. Either way don't feel guilty you are human and emotional. Things happen.
alyssaravensmom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM
You're on a break though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I wouldn't say a word.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I feel if we do a separation I dont want to fix things. I want us to be able to fix things with out running away from our problems. I do feel bad though.

Quoting Anonymous:

If he has told you he wants to seperate for awhile, I don't think you did anything wrong.  Emotionally risky, yes.  Wrong, no.  Honestly I wouldn't even tell your husband.  I would chalk it up to being an emotional wreck over the separation and figure out what you want to do in regards to your friend, and your marriage. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)