• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

think I'm getting an iud

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Hbc makes me ill and my migraines worse. He doesnt want more kids but I do. Plus even with alarms I forgwt to take it. I want paragard but I think my insurance only covers mirena. Any experiences pos or neg? I'm so nervous.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Only experiences I've seen with an IUD have been negative.

Girl, you are a damned adult, buck the fuck up and take your goddamned pills. :p

Gabeys_Mommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I had mirena for three years. I had pretty good luck, no periods, stable moods. I did start getting horrible migraines which ceased as soon as I had it removed. The only major downfall is we are having trouble getting pregnant after removal. Our other kids were 1-2 months, were going into cycle 7 ttc. I don't think I'd ever get something foreign like that put into me again.
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM
My best friend had one and it was fine for like 4 months, after that she started getting heavy bleeding, horrible cramps, and headaches. She had it removed.
Another good friend of mine had it and had cramping often and then the strings/wires you have to check fell out.. She had hers removed bc the doctor was concerned it was going to grow into her walls.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I got pregnant on mirena which is apparently too common since there is now a class action lawsuit concerning it. My baby died and I went critical and ended up in ICU. It was horrible. My sister also had severe complications with the strings puncturing her and causing severe pain so she couldn't walk. I have nothing positive to say about it. 

destiny3513
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM

My sister got an adenoma?? On her liver... it's pretty rare and any hormone bc could cause it.... she can't take bc anymore or it could grow back.

Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I may be in the minority here but I had soooo many side effects: terrible headaches, awful acne, back pain, weight gain, towards the end my joints hurt so bad, especially my knees there were a few times I was unable to walk they hurt so bad. All of these symptoms have disappeared since I removed it - yes, I was so desperate I removed it myself. You may want to check out this blog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Oh my!! I'm so sorry about you and your sister! :(  I have not talked to one woman whose had the IUD who didn't have some bad experience with it!

IQuoting Rust.n.Gears:

I got pregnant on mirena which is apparently too common since there is now a class action lawsuit concerning it. My baby died and I went critical and ended up in ICU. It was horrible. My sister also had severe complications with the strings puncturing her and causing severe pain so she couldn't walk. I have nothing positive to say about it. 

Rust.n.Gears
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Do some research then. The lawsuit is public and I get sent info all the time on it as a victim. You should see what the effects of each birth control method are and figure it out for yourself.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my!! I'm so sorry about you and your sister! :(  I have not talked to one woman whose had the IUD who didn't have some bad experience with it!

IQuoting Rust.n.Gears:

wmmom06
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had the mirena in for 2 1/2 years and no problems. some people have negative, but mine has been positive.  It is best to discuss with your doctor all your options, so you can decide what works best for you.

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had Mirena twice. No problems at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)