Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I don't know how you do it all day everyday"

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 14 Replies

That's what my dh told me Sunday morning. Saturday I was sick, down with a stomach bug and stayed in bed all day (when I wasn't in the bathroom) He spent the day doing what I do all day everyday taking care of our very active toddler dd. And trying to keep the house cleanish (I spent two days doing a post hoilday cleaning to the two front rooms of our house).

Our little dd like any toddler is all over the place and gets into everything. Loves to pull out lots of toys and just make a mess.

He also had to handel the pick of om my older dd (his sd) by her aunt for her visitation with her father.

Now he's done all this before and he helps me with daily things all the time, but still he told me Sunday morning "I don't know how you do it all day everyday"

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I should add he was also taking care of me. Took himself and little one to the store to get me ginger al and saltines and brought me fresh cups of ginger al when needed.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Because I'm a mom.

You can't see my cape, though.

The kids threw up on it then colored it and there's some weird sticky stuff so it's in the washer right now....

Goodbye.BlueSky
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM
It's good he helps you :)

Once, I was in the hospital for a week. It took 5 people working in shifts to keep up with what I get done. My df, my mom, my grandmother, my stepmother, and my aunt. No one has dared question what I do all day ever since lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Mine has said the same to me. He tells me often he's not cut out to be at home and has no idea how I get everything done while still having patients to deal with two toddlers. I just say some are built to be at home and some are built for work. It's nice to know he appreciates what I do.

embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:06 PM

LOL! Something like that. Just told him "it's what I do" he also told me how much he apperciated  that I do what I do, taking care of his girls (he sees my older dd as his).

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Because I'm a mom.

You can't see my cape, though.

The kids threw up on it then colored it and there's some weird sticky stuff so it's in the washer right now....

Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Mommy is a super hero!
embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I'm sure if I was down for more then a day we would have needed to call in help. It's nice once they see that we do a lot more then just stay home and play. 

Quoting Goodbye.BlueSky: It's good he helps you :)

Once, I was in the hospital for a week. It took 5 people working in shifts to keep up with what I get done. My df, my mom, my grandmother, my stepmother, and my aunt. No one has dared question what I do all day ever since lol

meaganmac
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM
My DH says this every time I go somewhere and he has the kids for the day. I make sure to make it happen every couple of months so he remembers why he keeps me around. ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM
My husband never has any issues. We both work but he usually does a better job than me :( he whistles around here like Mary fucking poppins.

At least he doesn't tell me he know he's more domesticated than me lol
embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Yeah dh has said he couldn't be a stay at home dad. I agree some of us are built to be at home and some to work. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine has said the same to me. He tells me often he's not cut out to be at home and has no idea how I get everything done while still having patients to deal with two toddlers. I just say some are built to be at home and some are built for work. It's nice to know he appreciates what I do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)