Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I made my kids

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
Pay for their own toys. I went to khols to spend some Christmas money. I got towels, bath rugs, pillows, a blender, and as shirt to replace workout clothes my mom got me that I didn't need. My kids (5 & 6) wanted new toys. Luckily I had their wallets. They get paid $5 a week for chores, one to save and four to spend. They both had a little over $20. Toys were buy one get one half off so they got to learn that lesson too. They are so proud of the toys they got with their own money.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cymkare
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Sounds like a great idea to me. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My son pays for just about all the toys/games he wants... Unless its a reward for great grades or something like that. Hes been doing it since he was 3 and asked us to give him chorus to earn money. *yes he really did that at three. He seen my goddaughter come over to earn money, and liked the idea* He is now eight. 

jharley
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM
My kids have been doing it for a few years also. The first thing DS bought with his own money when he was about 4 he told anyone thgast would listen that he bought it with his money, so that ment it was all his.
Miss.MandyLynn
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM
That's great :) teaches them to work for what they want
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

My children pay for all of their own things unless it's Easter, Christmas or a Birthday.  My twenty year old and ten year old have jobs outside of the house and my little one never asks for anything, but he has birthday money, christmas money, etc...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)