Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love being a sahm but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I am so lonely.

I have been a working mom and a stay at home mom and I prefer being a stay at home mom
But some days it gets to me.

I'm home pregnant with a two year old all day while my dd is at school. We watch cartoons for a while and then we play I clean and I make his meals. It's the same thing everyday though. I have bad anxiety about driving so I don't have my license and can't go anywhere. I have no friends and no family near me. Dh works until late and talks to me very little when he's home. The quiet all day kills me. I mean my son plays and the tv makes noise but the lack of conversation makes me
Sad and lonely and the day feels like it drags twice as long

What do you do to get over the stay at home mommy blues...for those of you who have felt this way
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Get out walking or whatever with your child.I have been there.My kids are all in school now.It was always hard because I would have no one to talk to because all my friends and family worked.I always kep busy with laundry,cleaning,etc.

RoryPond
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly the best is try everything you can to get over your anxiety of driving. Then you can join play groups or mommy and me classes. Otherwise learn the schedules of your mom, or other family members so you can call and have a chat. You'd be surprise who you'll find is just as lonely as you and would love a phone convo
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Start a new hobby! I bake pretty obsessively and my DH loves taking treats to work with him. My neighbors all love the home baked bread. If baking doesn't do it for you, learn to knit, crochet, quilt, scrapbook. You'll love learning a new skill and you won't be as lonely. 

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Think about starting a playgroup at your house since you can't get out and about.
SouthernBiscuit
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I completely understand how you feel because I am in the same boat. It's very lonely. My husband doesn't talk much when he gets home either. It's always about the kids when he comes home. I keep myself busy with house cleaning, laundry, taking care of the kids and dog, and getting dinner ready. A lot of times I call my granny. She is home during the day but lives 250 miles away. We chat for a while every week. Once a week, the kids and I load up in the truck a go to Target and walk around. We also go get lunch while we are out. It gives us something to look forward to. Cafemom helps too. When I get bored, I just finds things to read and reply to on here.
jakesmom323
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Its hard:( Especially since you don't have a car! Focus on walks, parks near by, play set in your yard, out door activities, find good books while baby naps...It's hard but rewarding to be a SAHM and I'm sure everyone, including myself, have had hard moments for sure;) Hang in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM

You really need to work on getting your license. I have a driving phobia too but as a mom, you need to drive ! You're putting yourself in a bad situation if you don't. Just tell yourself that "you are in control" when you are driving. P.S. Even though I drive, I'm still lonely. It's hard to make friends since I moved to a new city. My extended family sucks ....long story. Anyway get your license and drive to the park and get to know the moms. Some mom groups suck  but joining one may do you some good. Get to know some of the moms at your kids preschool. Perhaps, throw a party inviting moms and preschool friends....hmmm why didn't I do that ? LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

YEP ! Invite the moms and kids of the preschoolers. Perhaps have a once a month get together. Then the other moms will do it and before you know it, you have a nice circle of friends.

Quoting Melbornj: Think about starting a playgroup at your house since you can't get out and about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Well I don't have anxiety issues, so I have no problem driving to meet up with friends. Have you seen someone about those issues? And have you tried making friends with your neighbors? That way you don't have to drive to visit with them. :) 
I also have several hobbies that I enjoy, like crocheting and sewing. 

pookietooth
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Can you walk to the park? Are you unable to take public transit? Have you thought about having your anxiety treated so you can learn to drive? You need to find a way to get out regularly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)