Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yeah, you are a weak woman- edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am very independent and like to do this on my own, as in not with husband. It doesn't bother me if he goes to a friends house to watch the game or play poker and I stay home. Once and a while I'll go out with my friends for dinner and drinks, without him.
Well his one friend hates that. He can't understand why my husband ALLOWS me to do things without him. He is on my husband saying I won't let my wife do that or I won't let my wife do this and I finally had enough. I called him and told him to mind his business. When that didn't work, I talked to his wife.
I said please tell H to stop telling my husband what he would and would not allow you to do. This is my marriage, not his. And just because you let your husband control you, I will not be controlled by mine. (Her husband won't even let her go to a baby shower alone. He was the only man there. If she goes on girls night with her friends, he goes too)
So now she's mad at me and told our friends that I view her a weak woman......yeah, I do and you are.
Thoughts?

Edit: I'm surprised at how many people think its okay for him to come at us about our marriage but not okay for me to say anything back
Im laughing at all the people actually think i was wrong here. Okay then! Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
plumbobtoggle
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I agree. My ex tried that crap with me and it's the biggest reason why we're divorced now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this
You should have just left it alone and not insulted the woman. People have different roles in relationships and just because their marriage is different then yours doesn't mean she's weak. It's none of your business how they live just like its none of theirs how you two live. Why care what the other man says to your husband?! Stop being so petty and worrying so much about what others think or say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this
She is weak. Kudos to your husband for knowing you need to do things on your own!

That's sad that her husband is so insecure that he won't let her go anywhere by herself. Hopefully she'll wise up soon and leave his sorry ass.

You seem to have a good marriage.
Cozie_Sisika458
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree she's weak. There is no reason a couple can't do separate activities. Especially when the guy says he don't "allow" his wife to do this or that. Hell no. That's immature and childish relationship there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Maybe you should take your own advice. It's none of your business how they run Their marriage. And if you're dh doesn't mind hearing about it all the time then just let it go.

The world would be much kinder if people stopped worrying so much.
aiyess
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
She is and her husband is a douchebag control freak. What does your husband say when his bitch ass friend nags and complain to him?
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband admires my independence a great deal - one of the things that attracted him to me.  He wouldn't have had a friend to begin with that had that type of mindset.

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM
10 moms liked this
So you are upset that he is telling your DH how to be a husband. Your solution is to tell his wife how to be a wife?
What do I think? I think you are a hypocrite.
aiyess
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM
If that is the case, her DH's bitch ads friend needs to keep his mouth shut a d mind his own marriage. He doesn't need to lecture her DH.

Quoting Anonymous: You should have just left it alone and not insulted the women. People have different roles in relationships and just because their marriage is different then yours doesn't mean she's weak. It's none of your business how they live just like its none of theirs how you two live. Why care what the other man says to your husband?! Stop being so petty and worrying so much about what others think or say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I didn't insult her. I actually never called her weak, she said I did but I didn't. And you are proving my post. People do have different roles in their relationships and marriages are different. Its none of their business how I live. And it bothered me because it was upsetting my husband but he didn't want to say anything to that friend because that friend pouts like a child.

Quoting Anonymous: You should have just left it alone and not insulted the women. People have different roles in relationships and just because their marriage is different then yours doesn't mean she's weak. It's none of your business how they live just like its none of theirs how you two live. Why care what the other man says to your husband?! Stop being so petty and worrying so much about what others think or say.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)