Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NICU Babies 2nd UPDATE

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 122 Replies
1 mom liked this

My youngest was born early at 34 weeks and she spent time in the NICU. She was given some cute outfits and hats by loving volunteers. Now that I crochet I am making outfits for the local NICUs. Here are some I made this morning. The one on the left fits 1-3 pounds and the one on the right fits 3-5 pounds. If you had a baby in the NICU what would you think of these? I made them so no wires will be disturbed.

UPDATE:

So I called my local NICU and the lady was over joyed with the onesie dontation coming. Since I was told these will most likely be used for going home outfits I want to dress them up a bit. I will add a skirt to some and I made a butterfly and would like to know which part I should attach it to. Here are the picture samples

I now added a flower to them 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o.O....
by Cara on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Those are cute! My NICU baby was 7lbs11oz at birth so clothes were easy to find. Is it super soft yarn?
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM

They are adorable and that is so sweet of you to do. :) 

jamiegraham
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:24 PM

They are so so cute, you did a great job on them,My granddaughter was in the NICU for 3 months, she was a little over 4 lbs, clothes were hard to find

SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I will be making a few for 1-3 pounds, 3-5 pounds, 5-8 pounds, and newborn. I am making them out of a nice soft baby sport yarn

Quoting o.O....: Those are cute! My NICU baby was 7lbs11oz at birth so clothes were easy to find. Is it super soft yarn?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was in the NICU for 10 days. He was a 38 weeker and 9.2. He totally didn't fit in.

The thing I loved the most were the small blankets. Most of the babies don't wear clothes as their skin is to sensitive. The blankets were used though and if Heaven forbid the baby didn't come home the parents could take the blanket the baby was covered with.

That's what I would make for them. Blankets and hats.
o.O....
by Cara on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM
That's how my dd was- she looked like a baby giant.

Quoting Anonymous: My son was in the NICU for 10 days. He was a 38 weeker and 9.2. He totally didn't fit in.

The thing I loved the most were the small blankets. Most of the babies don't wear clothes as their skin is to sensitive. The blankets were used though and if Heaven forbid the baby didn't come home the parents could take the blanket the baby was covered with.

That's what I would make for them. Blankets and hats.
my3makemehappy
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM

They are adorable! =-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Where were you when my son was in nicu! Those are cute! He just had a onsie with the hospital logo on it.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:31 PM
My son was born 29weeks, he was born weighing 5lbs10oz. BUT he had fetal hydrops so had a good 3lbs of fluid...with that said, I wouldn't have put those on him...I hated when the nurses put those knit hats on him...I used baby doll clothing on him...
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I would think they were a wonderful gift :) My son was born at 30 weeks, and he had many little hats that were handmade and given to him by hospital volunteers. It was such a sweet gesture which was really needed in those difficult times... I stayed with him as long as I could, but they don't allow parents in the NICU 24/7, so it was just the thought that someone else was looking out for my little one that was so greatly appreciated. The open-style is perfect for babies connected to feeding tubes, monitors, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)