Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do I make her stop crying?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 15 Replies
im babysitting my friends dd today. she is in the hospital having surgery. this dd has been crying for the past hour nonstop. :( I gave her drink, food, change her dieper, but shes still crying.. :( I dont know what to do. shes 15 months old. anyone have any idea how to make her stop crying????
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
duct tape
aiyess
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Put some soft music and dance slowly with her in a calm voice talk to her or sing.
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM

no idea. maybe give her a bath or take her for a drive or for a walk if it's not too cold? these ideas could backfire horribly but idk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

get out the pots and pans and wood spoon and let her have at it...

lalaboosh
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Shhhhing while hugging and rocking helps at that age sometimes. She might just cry no matter what. You'll just have to cuddle her, she could be picking up on your or her mother's anxiety.
STVUstudent
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Rock her, talk to her... yeah, I get that she won't be able to talk back, but just talk... while you rock... ask her if she is afraid, if she misses mommy, does she understand that mommy is coming back soon... assure her that mommy IS coming back, and that you will hold her until she does... if that fails, I vote for a red slurpee and oreo cookies...

pookietooth
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM

She probably misses her mom. Can you show her pictures of her mom? Is she allowed to visit in the hospital? How long since she's napped? At that age many nap three times per day. What did you do when your babies were that young? Try taking her for a walk or to the park.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM

She misses her mom. Bath, walk,drive, put her in a car seat and sit on top of a dryer while it runs, cuddle, toys, boxes, pots and pans. If all fails put her in a crib and let her cio.

seximami111
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM

maybe she has a favorite cartoon? 

aimesnyc
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Try to distract her with music, a book, or maybe a video/kids app on your phone.  Whatever works - stick with it! lol  My nephew is like that when we watch him because he's not used to being at our apt without his parents.  So we've distracted him with books and games on my phone until he has calmed down enough to play with our son. :)  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)