• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont get why its a go to job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
There seems when a female goes to school, 70% are nurses. My daughter even has said that she might as well be a nurse. This is a teen who refuses to sit on the couch for a while after her brother farts, she would never make it as a nurse. And nurses aren't the only jobs needed. There are a few states with a shortage of phlebotomists
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drowningmama
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I have no clue. My mom tried to be a nurse. She also said it was a go to job. When I think of a job for myself I don't see nursing in my life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Freela
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I know a few women who are nurses, but in my graduation year it seems that teaching was the 'go to' job for women.  Which is unfortunate, because there are not many jobs for new teachers in my province and a lot of them never found work in the field.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I have no patience for sick people. I couldn't do it.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM
There is a considerable salary difference in a nurse and phlebotomist. My best friend hates gross stuff and is doing just fine in nursing. I like gross stuff and work in accounting.
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I love Phlebotomy! Took it months ago and would love to have a job just doing that! I just passed my ccma also I'm taking my cpt on January 9th.there are tons of options out there for her!
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Where I grew up the go to job was waitressing. I'm from a very poor area, so not a lot of the people I grew up with thought they would ever get to go to college. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I know my daughter

Quoting quickbooksworm: There is a considerable salary difference in a nurse and phlebotomist. My best friend hates gross stuff and is doing just fine in nursing. I like gross stuff and work in accounting.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I think people figure it's easy lol same as teaching.

I can't be A nurse - I'm not compassionate enough
Arwyn724
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My mother and grandmother were both RN's, but I never felt an attraction to the job. Like another poster said, teachers were always the fall back on job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM
There's a huge pay difference in my state.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)