Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paying child support does NOT make you a good father!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I really do hate my ex dh. Our kids are 16 and 14. DD just turned 14 on Saturday. I do not have a lot of money but I bought her a few gifts and we did cake and ice cream and such at home. Ex dh, on the other hand, has way more money than I do. All she asked of him for her birthday was dinner at california pizza kitchen for me, her, DS, ex dh, and her one best friend. You know what he did? He PAID me to take her out. Apparently he already had plans(getting wasted at a friend's house) that were far more important than taking 2 hours to have dinner with his children. DD was crying and he was in a rush to get out the door so he handed me 80 dollars and told me to get them dinner and whatever else.

And then when I try to have a serious talk about this stuff he gets defensive and says "I do everything for those kids; I have never been a day late on child support and I give them money whenever they need it" I said "wow you can write a check, that's so great"(sarcastically). He said "yeah how many other parents do that?" and I said that MOST parents actually raise their children and he shut up after that.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)