• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm too good for my husband - more info

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 630 Replies
4 moms liked this

I'm getting a Masters degree, he has an associates. He is immature and plays videogames, doesn't clean up after himself. He's a nice guy but he's not really a go-getter. Do you think having a higher degree makes you better than someone?

ETA: Wow some of you sound so dumb you actually make me feel better about my husband. You don't even have to tell me your education level, I can tell from the way you type.

For the rest of you- I don't believe you never judge anyone. I don't think it's humanly possible to not judge others based on education level, social class, job, etc. I've seen too many posts on here bashing moms on welfare or for making certain decisions. But it's not even about judging people that you barely know, this post is about two people who live together and have to get along. And the statistics show that people who are married and have college degrees have the lowest divorce rates. For those who say I don't love my husband, I think there are more important factors to a successful marriage than just love. To expect to always be madly in love with your spouse for your entire marriage is unrealistic and probably leads to many of the divorces in this country. 

For those who are interested: http://www.foryourmarriage.org/ten-important-research-findings-on-marriage/

http://www.divorce.usu.edu/files/uploads/Lesson3.pdf

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sara82lee
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM
237 moms liked this
Well, being stuck up and thinking other people are inferior to you sure doesn't make you better than others.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM
66 moms liked this

No I don't. It's real nice you think so highly of your husband. Bet it makes him feel just wonderful. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM
52 moms liked this

No.  Degrees  do not make you compassionate, tolerant or loving.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM
57 moms liked this

Having a degree doesn't make you better than anyone. I have a degree and am working on my masters. My fiance has a hs diploma and is a welder who has a MUCH better job than I do.

He is in no way less intelligent than I am.

peachesforme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this
How old are yall?
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM
11 moms liked this

Yup. They can't teach class can they ? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

No.  Degrees  do not make you compassionate, tolerant or loving.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM
5 moms liked this

Something must have attracted you to him...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM
29 moms liked this
Very few things makes people better than anyone. I'm only better than child abusers, pedos, and people who commit violent crimes. A degree certainly doesn't make you better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't tell him. Although he wants to get a masters now that I am. I think he will accomplish that and I'll support him while he does. This is a private confession that I'd never tell him. 

Quoting vegaswife2011:

No I don't. It's real nice you think so highly of your husband. Bet it makes him feel just wonderful. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
16 moms liked this
I don't think a degree automatically makes you a better person, and this is coming from someone with an advanced degree. What makes him look bad here is the videogames and not cleaning up after himself. He sounds very immature.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)