Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it really that odd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I recently divorced, The 3 kids and I moved out when ExDH and I sepperated, He told me to leave and I can not afford the house on my own. I had a choice I could move in with my mom or my dad. They both have 4 bedroom homes and live alone.

I chose to move myself and my kids into my dads house. I love my mom to death and would do anything for her but she gets on my last nerve. She drives me NUTS. I can deal with her for a day or 2 but then we are both ready to kill eachother. My dad on the other hand is easy going and not as nuts as my mom. LOL. 

Mom got upset that I didn't move in with her and I have been told by many family memers that it is odd that I chose to live with my dad rather then my mom. Is it really that odd. They kids and I can be more relaxed her and dad is really easier to live with, plus he is the one who watches the kids when I have to work. (The kids dad gets them 2 days a week and if he wants to pick them up for a few hours in the evening, if I am working he can, he usually doesn't since he live across town)

Is it really that odd for a grown woman and her kids to chose to move in with dad, instead of mom until they get back  on their feet?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
No, they're both your parent. Plus now they'll have a familiar male presence in the home.
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Not odd at all. I love both of my parents dearly but if I had to live with one, it would be my dad. My sister and I joke that when we visit his house, it's like Club Med and my mom's house is a museum. 

that_girl_kk
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM

The only reason I would live with my mom instead of my dad is because my dad is a hoarder. If he could get that under control, and learn to smoke outside, then I would much MUCH rather live with him, especially for my children's sake.

(After I divorced, I lived with my mom for a week and it was mental torture)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)