Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tornadoes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I keep dreaming about tornadoes and wake up in such a state of panic and anxiety that its beginning to have an impact on my day. 

Anyone know what tornado dreams mean? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM

No idea. but that must be scary! bump

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I'm not sure but I've had them before too

Lately it's been comet/asteroid dreams though.

nelliesmommy
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Idk but I'm scared of tornadoes.
furbabymum
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I used to have them all the time when we were in hawaii. It was the sound of the ocean on the rocks. Sounds just like them. Also have them at home where I'm getting to the basement but I noly have 1/2 the house and the other 1/2 is with my Dh and he doesn't make it with it. So odd. lol

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Tornado

To see a tornado in your dream suggests that you are experiencing some extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. Is there a situation or relationship in your life that may be potentially destructive?

To dream that you are in a tornado means that you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control. Your plans will be filled with much complications and you will be met with a series of disappointments.

To see several tornadoes in your dream represent people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings. It may also symbolize a volatile situation or relationship.

alaskadreams
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Tornadoes and other natural disasters represent emotional upheaval. Tornadoes specifically point to “Fear of Separation from Family Members.” There is a person in the situation you are experiencing where you may feel that if you tell them your true thoughts and feelings that you will lose them. Our fears of what might happen when we communicate honestly generally do not occur as we imagine. Tornadoes are a culmination of air in its most destructive capacity, pointing to the realm of thought (air). Look clearly at your fears and try to determine which are truly based on a possible reality, rather than an imagined “worst case” scenario. Trust your heart to tell you what to do. The pain we experience and perceive is truly a barometer of the Destruction we perceive being done. We often categorize experiences as small or large, depending on the loss we think we experienced. Pain is measured according to the depth of that loss or the importance of what was destroyed.

I got it from this link  http://astraltrinity.blogspot.com/2007/11/what-does-it-mean-to-dream-of-tornado.html

levansbx
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I've had those same dreams since I was a kid. I don't know what they mean, but here's a bump because I'm interested too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Quoting alaskadreams:

Tornadoes and other natural disasters represent emotional upheaval. Tornadoes specifically point to “Fear of Separation from Family Members.” There is a person in the situation you are experiencing where you may feel that if you tell them your true thoughts and feelings that you will lose them. Our fears of what might happen when we communicate honestly generally do not occur as we imagine. Tornadoes are a culmination of air in its most destructive capacity, pointing to the realm of thought (air). Look clearly at your fears and try to determine which are truly based on a possible reality, rather than an imagined “worst case” scenario. Trust your heart to tell you what to do. The pain we experience and perceive is truly a barometer of the Destruction we perceive being done. We often categorize experiences as small or large, depending on the loss we think we experienced. Pain is measured according to the depth of that loss or the importance of what was destroyed.

I got it from this link  http://astraltrinity.blogspot.com/2007/11/what-does-it-mean-to-dream-of-tornado.html

Thank you, that makes the most sense to me and my situation right now.

I've been without my children since christmas break, spent Christmas entirely alone without even a call from my kids, ex wouldnt' answer the phone.

It's been a little over a week since these dreams started. They hit me whether it's a short cat nap or full night sleeping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM
For me when I dream about tornadoes it's because there has been resent bad weather or talk of tornadoes. lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)