Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas effing SUCKED!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this
For a lot of people, but thankfully not us. Although, it probably should have. I'll try to make this short, but I feel so blessed right now. First of all, between moving and bills, Christmas was going to be without gifts. Yes, we were upset about that, but we were still getting to go back home for the holiday and spend it with family (my boyfriend's and mine), and we were alright with that.

Well, the first good thing is that my boyfriend sold something he'd been trying to for a while, so we were able to get my daughter, and his children (a boy and girl) each one big gift they'd asked for. Then, we got back home and his mom fleshed everything else out with her credit card. (We've already paid her back the $300 she spent on the children. We knew we'd have money, just not till AFTER Christmas.)

Anyway, the children were blown away with their gifts, and we couldn't be happier, although, honestly, what's making my boyfriend and I the happiest is not that, lol. As I mentioned, we just moved...to a bigger apartment across the complex from the one we were in. The ONLY possible was to be doing laundry. I'm 27 (tomorrow) weeks pregnant, and I'm not supposed to be lifting a lot (per doctor's orders). The complex laundry room is on the offer side, and way too far to walk, and driving is a hassle...not that I wouldn't do it, though.

Well, my boyfriend has a great friend who is remodeling his home, and he sold us a perfectly good dryer for only $35. We still needed a washer, though. Anyway, when we got to his mom's, she told us she was being GIVEN one from family that she didn't need. It was supposedly unbalanced. We took it, anyway. It had been in an unlevel mobile home, so we were sure that was the problem...and WE WERE RIGHT! It works PERFECTLY, and now I only have to walk outside my front door to do laundry.

Yeah,I guess this is bragging, but honestly,I just feel blessed. We went from having to postpone everything, to it all working out in a matter of days. :-) Has anything GOOD happened to anyone else recently?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

And just because I'm so dang happy,lol.
LyTe684
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice. Glad you had a good turnout. :)
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you had a great xmas and got a washer and dryer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)