• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holy s***, my house is a mess. and I have zero motivation.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I just want to cry haha. This house is a wreck and I don't even know where to begin. I am home by myself until tomorrow afternoon, so I need to get my butt up and start cleaning, but I don't have any motivation.

Anyone wanna play, clean. That house/room? You take a picture of the room(s) that is messy, and then once you get done cleaning it. You post a picture. It helps a little with motivation! Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I might after I go take a nap. Dealing with 3 sick kids yesterday and then not being able to go to bed until 2am, with DH's alarm waking me up at 4am has made me tired. I am putting on Barbie's Rapunzel and having the kids watch it for quiet time. (They usually fall asleep to the classical music in it.) And once they are knocked out, I am going to take a short nap too. 

I would try quiet time in their rooms but being 5 and 6, they tend to play loudly and I spend more time asking them to quiet down. The movie is a stand by used for special occasions and works within 20 minutes. 

pokemongirl0191
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM
My house is a mess too I did the dishes and tied up the living room but that's it. I'm sick and so is dd so we are having cuddle time on the couch and she's watching cartoons.
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I hear you. I have days like this. What helps me is to find some good music, turn it up, and tackle one room after the other. Maybe that works for you too? :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I'm starting with my living room. Here's before. Can't see the tree it Christmas decorations, but all that gas to be taken down as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM

And dinning area. You can't see in the picture but the hardwoods are covered in water, mud, and leaves from all this rain.
JealousGrrl
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM
When I need motivation to clean I put on Hoarders. lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
That's about to get cranked up as well!! Lol

Quoting AtillaTheHun: I hear you. I have days like this. What helps me is to find some good music, turn it up, and tackle one room after the other. Maybe that works for you too? :)
christen392
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a TON and a half of laundry!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm starting with my living room. Here's before. Can't see the tree it Christmas decorations, but all that gas to be taken down as well.
ElevenEleven
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I've been sick since Christmas Day. I totally feel you on this, I've been sleeping while df watches ds(5). And I mean, it would be easier to count the hours I've been up than the ones I've slept. 😔 now to go back to work tomorrow and play catch up all together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I just took down my decorations and moved the furniture back to it's proper place. Now I need to clean the crap that accumulated in the place where my couch was while the tree was up. It's a lot of crap lol. I also have the boxes of decor to take out to my shed but I just don't wanna!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)