Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you wish you were told about becoming a parent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I wish someone told me to bring clippers to the hospital. By the time we got home CJ scratched his face all up
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
boricua3177
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish someone would've told me that your body feels like it got hit by a tractor trailer the next day.  I swear, the day after giving birth my body felt like someone beat the shit out of me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish the bassinets in the hospital weren't so tall. I felt so horrible I couldn't pick him up

Quoting boricua3177:

I wish someone would've told me that your body feels like it got hit by a tractor trailer the next day.  I swear, the day after giving birth my body felt like someone beat the shit out of me!

Gypsy.Scribe
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

bring stool softeners to the hospital in case they don't give them to you. That first poop after giving birth hurts like a mofo, especially if you have stitches lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I forgot about that :(

Quoting Gypsy.Scribe:

bring stool softeners to the hospital in case they don't give them to you. That first poop after giving birth hurts like a mofo, especially if you have stitches lol

cybcm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I had this problem too. Each time I had to wheel the bassinet right up to my bed and lift the kids out while sitting in bed, otherwise it was too tricky.
They just don't cater for us shorties.

Quoting Anonymous: I wish the bassinets in the hospital weren't so tall. I felt so horrible I couldn't pick him up

Quoting boricua3177:

cymkare
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

That you will never be able to cough/sneeze without peeing a little bit ever again...

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM

How enjoyable it is.

mfk3
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM
How much it hurts to cough or sneeze after a c section. Hurts like a bitch...
Bajanmama
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

A girlfriend sneezed her stitches open and had to be re-stitched. Owww.

Quoting mfk3: How much it hurts to cough or sneeze after a c section. Hurts like a bitch...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)