Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woah!!!!! wouldn't you crap your pants?!?!?!?!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM
  • 27 Replies

Mobile Photo

http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/166129/giant_shark_spotted_in_background?use_mobile=1
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM

yeah i just saw this

and 

yeah i would crap my pants!!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Haha!! Been in our news the last few days. We live less than an hour from, and go to this beach often.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Clickable now

http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/166129/giant_shark_spotted_in_background?use_mobile=1

OMG

Giant Shark Spotted in Background of Pic of Kids Playing in Ocean (PHOTO)

by Nicole Fabian-Weber on Today at 10:33 AM

mom sharkIn addition to selfies and hashtags, one of the strange things our culture has become obsessed with is photobombs. We think photobombs are hilarious -- particularly when they're done by a baby, celebrity, or animal. But when said animal is agiant great white shark, and the intended photo subjects are children, it crosses over from funny to downright terrifying.

A mom in Manhattan Beach, California was taking a photo of her 12-year-old son and his friend surfing in the ocean, when a shark appeared in the break of the wave behind them. She snapped a photo of the kids playing on their boards, and you can see what very much looks like a shark in the background of the picture -- very close to them. Pretty frightening.

But what's a little unusual about this situation, aside from the fact that, you know, there's a shark near small children, is that the mom told her kids it was just a dolphin. She said, "It was quite a shock to see. Many local surfers and lifeguards have seen this and believe it to be a shark. Of course, I told my kids it was a dolphin, as we live at the beach and are in the waters here almost daily."

Huh? Clearly, this mother doesn't want anything to happen to her kids, and you can't stay out of the ocean forever, but wouldn't you want your children to know there are sharks in the water they often play in so they can be more aware of their surroundings? And what if they saw the "dolphin" coming near them and tried to pet it? I don't claim to have this parenting thing totally figured out, but that seems like an odd route to take.

Thankfully, everyone is okay, and hopefully nothing will ever happen to her children while they're surfing in the Pacific. But it might not be a bad idea to give them a heads up that there's a chance they could get eaten while catching some waves. I dunno, just a suggestion.

What would you tell your kids if you spotted a shark in the water they always swam in?

Quoting jb0520:

Mobile Photo

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Thanks sassy
Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

No. You are in their home after all. Kind of common sense you may see a shark if you are in the ocean. 

Gypsy.Scribe
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM

holy fuck balls. yes I would

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I have a horrible fear of sharks, so I would probably have a humongous panic attack.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM

OMG - there are wild animals in nature!!  We should kill them all or call Sea World to capture them and train them!!!

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Eeeekkk!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)