Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a landlord refuse to give you information?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

My apt complex recently got a new neighbor during the summer, all of my neighbors are very nice and we hang out together outside and in each others apts..etc (its a small complex, maybe like 10 apts) anyways this man moved in upstairs, very strange, looked like a tweaker, threw his couch out the first week he moved in and left it on the stairs... plays the drums at strange hours... weird

Anyways! we think he may have some mental issues now, he came downstairs and screamed and attacked the rose bushes, he called my largest neighbor (who works as a bouncer, protects us all) some names and swung at his head.

and it was recently brought to light that he had asked a neighbor that lives in the complex behind us, how to go about arranging having sex with a young girl who lives there!  he is in his 40's this girl is 13-15.
our bouncer neighbor was down there talking to the girls mother about something else when he noticed flashes going off, he looks up and sure enough our crazy neighbor is snapping pictures of the young girl while she was playing in the front yard.

our bouncer neighbor went right up there and knocked on his door and confronted him about the pictures and mentioned he had heard some rumors about him, the man immedietly screamed he never asked to have sex with the girl... our bouncer neighbor basically told him he just incriminated himself..

I dont feel safe with this man, none of the women do.

when he swung at our bouncer, he then called the landlord and said he was attacked, the landlord gave him all of our bouncer's info to file a police report. The landlord came down to see what was going on and when the real story came out, he refused to give our bouncer neighbor any of this crazy guys info so he could press charges..

he is on section 8 we believe and our landlord gets money for having him live there, which is why after many complaints, he is still there. Im wondering if he is a sex offender or something and there is a reason why the landlord wont give us his info.

i tried megan's law but nothing comes up for my apt complex,

and we dont know his last name to do a more detailed search... its fustrating and as a woman who lives alone... i dont feel safe

he left me an xmas card on my door a few days before xmas and only me..

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM

he's had a few "episodes" which make us all believe he is suffering from some sort of mental illness

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

is there a way to do a general search of criminals in the area without knowing someones last name?

boricua3177
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Maybe it's time for you to move?  Or maybe the mother of the 13 year old should file a police report?

FelineTopic
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM
If the man is on section 8, file a complaint with them. I believe all you have to give is an address, and maybe thr name of the landlord.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I believe if he is a sex offender someone has to let everyone know. Try watchdog if he is registered. I don't think legaly the land lord can give you that info anyways, unless it is a sex offender.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Have you done an offender search for your area?  You do not need specific names for that.   I would be very wary as well and hope it is not an offender since there are a lot of children/teens around.

NekoTrista
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Call the police and let them know whats going on. if he is a sex offender they might know.

DylansMommyXo
by Daggy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I would move asap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

i want to move! i think she did, but it doesnt seem like anything is being done to get this man out!

Quoting boricua3177:

Maybe it's time for you to move?  Or maybe the mother of the 13 year old should file a police report?

MAXnBRYCESMomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
No, a landlord cannot legally give out a tenants information to anyone unless its the police. You all know where the guy lives, people get charges pressed without knowing all the persons info all the time. The police will go to the guys house
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)