Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin off/ high cable guy

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 55 Replies

So a cable guy comes to your home, he smells like pot, eyes red....probably high off his rocker...that wouldn't bother you?

I was surprised to read that so many momma's thought the OP in that post was a bitch for calling the cable company and complaining about the guy.

Would you be okay with a stranger coming into your home, drunk off his ass, coming around your children to install some cable? Probably not.

I'm all for pot being legal, I don't think its a bad thing, but to smoke while on the job is unprofessional. Do that shit on your own time. I don't care if hes just  installing cable, I don't want some stranger coming into my home high.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aliceinwildland
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

BUMP!

hautemama83
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM
So are you that crazy anon who thinks installing cable boxes, is the same as caring for a child?
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I would have no clue if he was or not. I would have no clue what pot smells like.

Aliceinwildland
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

No, I'm not. Installing cable is completely different from caring for a child.

Quoting hautemama83: So are you that crazy anon who thinks installing cable boxes, is the same as caring for a child?

Aliceinwildland

You've never smelled pot?

Quoting Raeann11:

I would have no clue if he was or not. I would have no clue what pot smells like.

MamaCat1121

lol o the controversy

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Not that I know of.

Quoting Aliceinwildland:

You've never smelled pot?

Quoting Raeann11:

Aliceinwildland
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Its not really. But I do think its crazy that so many women are okay with a stranger coming into their home high.

Quoting MamaCat1121:

lol o the controversy

JayTee80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I agree.  I wouldn't want anyone in my home running wires when they are high or impaired in some other way. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this

She said that he did his job just fine and that's all I care about. If he couldn't do his job, then yeah... I'd care. 

And just because he smelled like pot, doesn't mean he was high. He could have been in another house smelling like pot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)