Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The country is not for your pet dumping!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am tired of people thinking if they dump their unwanted pets in the country they will survive on their own. Guess what we shoot cats on sight because they are one of the largest rabies carriers. So please dump them at the shelter we do not want your animals.

thank you

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCat1121
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

yikes! where do you live?

SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Texas, we raise cattle and animals that are a threat are normally shot on sight.  We have had people dump litters of kittens in front of our gate, more than once.

Quoting MamaCat1121:

yikes! where do you live?

CafeMom Tickers
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Yeah I was shocked by the number of people that do that in this state (ar)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You're a pathetic excuse for a human being. You could easily call animal control and have the cats picked up.You could also trap them and take them to the shelter. I guess human decency requires too much effort on your part.

MissTacoBell
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this
They either shoot them or animal control puts them down. Which is better?

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a pathetic excuse for a human being. You could easily call animal control and have the cats picked up.You could also trap them and take them to the shelter. I guess human decency requires too much effort on your part.

SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM
4 moms liked this

I love ignorant city dwellers, why don't you call animal control and wait for the laughter. They won't come out for stray cats, they consider them a rabies threat. Also we will not risk our health and safety to catch these cats.

Quoting Anonymous:

CafeMom Tickers
2girlsMom.MN
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM

My daughter got bit in the head by a ferral cat last fall. She had to get rabies shots. Not fun! 

SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM

We took in a dog once but our male dog killed her because she attacked the lead female. It disgusts me people purchase pets they really don't want.

Quoting TiffanyRose06: Yeah I was shocked by the number of people that do that in this state (ar)

CafeMom Tickers
SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Dd is nine and is allowed to play in the pasture and she doesn't fully get what to look for in animals. I always tell her to come home if she sees domestic animals that are not ours, she always takes a dog just in case.

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

My daughter got bit in the head by a ferral cat last fall. She had to get rabies shots. Not fun! 

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quoting SweetPea2004:

I love ignorant city dwellers, why don't you call animal control and wait for the laughter. They won't come out for stray cats, they consider them a rabies threat. Also we will not risk our health and safety to catch these cats.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do live out in the counrty. My inlaws do as well. We've both called animal control for any number of abandoned animals. Going onto a public forum and admitting you kill innocent animals doesn't make you a shining example of humanity. I'm embarrassed to admit you and I are considered to be the same species.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)