• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have it SO HARD because I'm alone with SOME of my kids ALL DAY. I will never get anything done!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

That's what one of my facebook friends essentially posted today.  I swear if I could, I would have reached over the internet and slapped her silly. 

So yes. . . One of my facebook "friends"  posted the status : "Leave me alone today.  Very mad at some people"

there were some other comments, and then this person again says " Just wondering how I'm going to get ANYTHING done being here alone with 3 kids". 

Someone asked who's kids she had ( I could see being upset if other people's kids were dumped on you and you had plans)

She replied "just mine". 

Mind you this woman has FOUR kids, she only has 3 of them with her right now and apparently finds it impossible to get ANYTHING done with her OWN KIDS around. 

This woman lives down the street from me.  THere are FOUR ADULTS that live there.  That means the kid to adult ratio is normally a  little over 1:1 ( one of this lady's neices lives with them as well).  And she is pissed about being alone for a day. 

Just struck a nerve.  Probably my overly pregnant bitchy side coming through.  There's not a lot of military families here( we are military) , but nearly all of my friends are single moms. . . .right now we have a lot in common and help each other out.  I( In the past, I've hung with mil wives, they know about deployments and can identify with being alone for lengths of time. . . here I've found a group of single moms that essentially do the same thing).  All the ladies I am friends with are alone with their kids ALL the time and still manage to get things done.  I see them struggle, just as I have struggled through being alone.  I find myself thankful my spouse, the other parent, the other part of the parenting "team" will be back shortly. . . . and I silently vow to help my single friends out more when he's home, because I know they have it worse than I do at the moment.  Perhaps it's perspective or something. . . I would never complain about being alone with SOME of my kids for a day, Some people have no relief in sight and no choice but to interact with their kids alone and get crap done.   

The way it was worded, this woman seems just ANGRY she's forced to parent and couldn't dump her kids off on her brother, mother or father ( the other adults in the home). 

Holy crap. 

This same woman posts about "doing the parenting thing alone" ALLL THE TIME.  The funny thing is, any time I see the kids out in public, the GRANDMOTHER has them. . . .News flash:  just because you're single doesn't mean you're "doing it alone".  There are three other adults living there full time that HELP YOU. 

Phew. . I feel better.  I honestly have not wanted to slap someone so hard in my life.    

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM

BUMP!

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not even reading the whole thing!!! Who cares?? I'm alone with my kids and yes sometimes I have a hard time getting things done!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM

BUMP!

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM

lmao

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I have a friend who is just like this. Idk I don't get it. In my situation my friends kids are 13, 8 and 1, I don't really see the problem with getting stuff done.

emandab
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

At least she's open about the fact she's not super-mom.  She's frustrated and angry, probably depressed as well.  Can't say I haven't been there.

honeyrder
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I know how you feel. It's just me with my kids every day, no other adults. I've never felt the need to bitch about getting stuff done. I just get what I can get done done and let other shit go until I can get to it.

MissBoop76
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

If you can't get anything done with kids you must be deaf and lazy. If they're little give them something to play with in the room you're working in, put them in the high chair with a snack, do it while they're napping. If you have legs and a stroller and have errands do them WITH the kids. I know it's a novel thing to take care of your own kids but seriously wtf

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell I only have one child and it can be difficult to get things done sometimes... We all have days where we just feel so overwhelmed and honestly having THAT many people in the house she probably Has a lot more stuff to do and not as much help as you may think...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)