Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shaving lady bits

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I rarely ever shave my pubic hair. Most of the time I just trim. Wanted something different though. I put aloe vera lotion and eucerin lotion on afterwards. Will this keep it from getting razor burn bumps and the crazy itchiness? I also lavender baby oil if that would be better. Baby powder? I'm not sure. Also should I shave it everyday to keep it smooth? I used regylar shaving cream but I have also heard conditioner works great. I'm not going to go out and buy the specific for that area stuff. Seems a waste of money. Advice? Tips?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Bump
melissaaytes
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM

You can probably shave every other day, but just be warned it itches soooo bad if you go longer than that!!! Conditioner does work great!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM
So use conditioner instead of shaving cream? I think I'm going to stay shaved so any tips work :)

Quoting melissaaytes:

You can probably shave every other day, but just be warned it itches soooo bad if you go longer than that!!! Conditioner does work great!  

256bamamom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Daily shaving and some soothing cream afterwards is what I'd recommend...use new or relatively new blades....

melissaaytes
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I use both but conditioner is better.  Shaving with the hair is better than against it meaning shave downwards.  This will prevent most razor burn and make sure the razor isn't dull!  Enjoy :)  I have been clean shaven for 8 years and love it!  Also...don't forget underneath, it is harder to reach but has to be done!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Thanks for the advice!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I don't shave but I know even my 11 year old daughter shaves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Idk. I get bumps and itchy no matter what I do.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM
I shave every other day with conditioner. No bumps or itchiness
A.Ferreira3061
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)