Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone else getting prompted that this (CM) is a suspicious site with some content blocked?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I've been getting prompts from McAfee pretty well everytime I visit CM in the last week or so & from what I can figure out, the content that is blocked is the uppermost ad/videos off to the right side on the page, as the ad space is usually blank with only a small red circle & X showing. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or is it just a problem with my computer?

Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I'm not surprised.

Cm isn't very safe. Or secure.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

No and I have Norton Security.

conweis
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Norton was blocking the whole site to me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I set my browser up not to run java without permission. So no ads really run on my computer.
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Hi,

Any time you notice a problem with CafeMom, you can send the CafeMom Team a note using the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page.

If you're mobile and your device has screenshot capabilities, please send the image(s) with your note. It's always helpful to the CafeMom Team when looking into an issue.

The Cafe Group Admin Team

LisaRoyNKaden
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM

No, CM has just been freezing A LOT the past couple weeks... its because of the ads. Shockwave keeps crashing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Yep

It also freezes my page upp. If mobile it completely closes the page down. I am thinking that f this keeps up..I am done with cm. It is getting to be too much of a pain.

mrsjksimmons
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I used to. Until I switched to Firefox and downloaded the Adblock extention. Now I don't have to deal with advertisements. It makes FB, CM, etc work so much faster and smoother. Which is a priority for me because I have an older computer and do all my coursework for school online right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Thanks everyone & my apologies for not responding sooner as I had a somewhat emergency phone call shortly after posting which thank goodness is now resolved. I'm glad to know it's not just me as I'm the first one to admit I am not computer savvy & can get into a bit of a panic when this kind of problem arises as I am never quite sure of what step I should take next. 

Thanks again for your responses & advice, you've all been most helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)