• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever taken away a Christmas present?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I'm an idiot! LOL I bought my 16yo DD incense and a holder for Christmas.I have smelt them in stores and thought, meh, not so bad. I didn't think about that I leave the store. duh!

They are stinking up the whole house and I hate it! She keeps door closed and her bedroom is upstairs in our 2400 sq ft home but they still stink up the entire house. I just told her to put it out and that I may have made a mistake but do I take them away or jjust suck it up? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM

bump

LittleBlueOwl
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
tell her to open her window and only burn half at a time. we only take away Christmas stuff if they need it taken away. like last night my sd hit his dad very hard with his mine craft sword and that Crap is hard so it got taken away...
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Find one that you like the smell of.... or maybe trade it off for a wax warmer...the wax warmer has more scents available than you can imagine, so I'm sure you can find one that smells awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I'll try that. Thanks.

She already tweeted that I took it away when I didn't. Brat! LOL

Quoting LittleBlueOwl: tell her to open her window and only burn half at a time. we only take away Christmas stuff if they need it taken away. like last night my sd hit his dad very hard with his mine craft sword and that Crap is hard so it got taken away...

happykitty316
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

If you can't deal with it, replace it with something lighter like one of those wax burners or a candle or something.

mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
There are many scents. Find one you like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM

She likes the whole hippy vibe of the incense. I have a wax warmer so that is soooo not cool! LOL

We just talked about it and she said we should try scented ones. ??? She said the ones I bought are soapy. I have no idea what the difference is. I'll work with her though to find some scents we both like.

Quoting jenmomx3:

Find one that you like the smell of.... or maybe trade it off for a wax warmer...the wax warmer has more scents available than you can imagine, so I'm sure you can find one that smells awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

We just talked and that's what we are going to do. Thanks!

Quoting mes_deux_amours: There are many scents. Find one you like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

but candles and wax burners are what mom use, therefore soooo uncool! LOL

We just talked and are going to find scents we both like.

Quoting happykitty316:

If you can't deal with it, replace it with something lighter like one of those wax burners or a candle or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)