Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just got back from the theater with my 2yo :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
I took my two year old to see Frozen and she LOVED IT! I knew she would (I saw it Saturday while she and her sister were at their dad's hehe). Lots of singing- her favorite:)

This was her first movie theater trip so I was a little nervous. I had a free ticket to see it and she was free because of her age so I thought it'd be a great opportunity to see how she does and if she isn't good then I won't be so butt-hurt about leaving because I didn't pay a hundred dollars to be there (exaggeration of course (;)

She did really well. She only got ancy one time; she went into the aisle and saw a boy with popcorn so she started whining for some. We walked out to get popcorn and a drink and when we entered again I sat in the very back row of 3 seats with her and she sat up on the armrest (no one was behind us) and watched the rest of it with no issues :) I'm pretty proud right now haha
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TB78
by Tasha on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Awesome but I think that if kids should be allowed to have fun in a theater that is showing Kids movies :-)

I took our son to watch smurfs2 and Monsters University over the summer and I didn't care that he would start laugh, kick his seat to the beat, or just have fun.
sorcha1945
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I took my DD to see that last week.  She is 16 months old.  She did really good for about 2/3rds of it, but then she was majorly antsy at that point.  My mom had already seen it so she took her out to walk around.   So still a little too young for her; but still the fact she lasted for that long just watching the movie was pretty impressive!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
All the other paying customers care that your kid can't behave and you're unwilling to be a parent.

Quoting TB78: Awesome but I think that if kids should be allowed to have fun in a theater that is showing Kids movies :-)

I took our son to watch smurfs2 and Monsters University over the summer and I didn't care that he would start laugh, kick his seat to the beat, or just have fun.
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Why do you reward her whining? Two year olds can ask for things without whining. Whining shouldn't get. Also,how does"butthurt" have anything to do with anything? If you nean "upset," say so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I took my 2 yr old dd on thanksgiving and she sat thru the whole movie I was super proud . She loves the movie !! 

TB78
by Tasha on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Actually my son was behaved. There was no one sitting in the chair that he was kicking and nobody could hear his kicking because the audio system in the theaters are loud enough to make your kids Deaf.

I just think its dumb to expect young kids to sit through an hour-two hour movie in a theater with other kids watching a little kid movie.

Quoting Anonymous: All the other paying customers care that your kid can't behave and you're unwilling to be a parent.

Quoting TB78: Awesome but I think that if kids should be allowed to have fun in a theater that is showing Kids movies :-)

AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I'm glad you had fun. We took my son for the first time at that age. Sounds like it was a win.
almburr
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
There is having fun and then there is wild kids running amuck.

I don't care if a kid laughs or sings along or dances in his seat.

It's when parents let them yell, run in the aisle. Letting them do what ever because it's a "kids" movie.

TB78
by Tasha on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Yep that's exactly true and I didn't think about that. Kids should not be running amok in the aisles.

Quoting almburr: There is having fun and then there is wild kids running amuck.

I don't care if a kid laughs or sings along or dances in his seat.

It's when parents let them yell, run in the aisle. Letting them do what ever because it's a "kids" movie.

Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:22 AM

AH, my kid loves the movie theater, me not so much.

That annoying moment you are sitting in the theater, ready to watch a show and 2 human giraffes sits in front of you and your kid...FML!

:O)~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)