Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Wow, so many kids" EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

This is what a lady said at best buy last night, I am a young mother of 4. We were walking around looking at the tvs and what not, and this is what a lady had to say. My kids were not acting up or anything, they were walking right behind dh and I. I thought it was uncalled for and kinda rude, I think the lady thought we would not understand what she said (we are mexican). DH thought it was rude and said really loudly " Is not like anyone is helping feed them and dress them, people should really mind their own business" The lady kept trying to hide after that.

BTW, we are in no kind of assistance we are doing it on our own. My husband makes decent money.

edit

We thought it was rude because of her expression of disgust, also I stated I was Mexican because she thought we wouldn't understand. I wouldn't mind someone coming up to me and saying that I have a lot of children, it has happened before. It was the way she said it and expected us not to understand.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Ignore them. There is always going to be an asshole somewhere.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Mexicans do typically have a lot of kids.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't see why it was a rude comment.
Dinimon
by NoName on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:02 PM
There will always be rude people. Ignore it.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes when I see hoardes of kids I can't help but to say "damn that's a lot of kids" or "look at all the kids" if I'm with someone. Its not meant to be rude. Its just the truth. But 4 isn't a lot to me since I'm #2 of 4. I'd only say that if there were 5 or more. 

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I don't see why people get so upset they respond to assholes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cybcm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 5. It's not the norm so people react, it's not necessarily rude, people react to things they are not used to.
It doesn't require any more response than a smile.
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't see it as a rude comment, just an observation. Why are the two of you so defensive about it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I got told I have my hands full once and I only have two. People are nuts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I'm always jealous of those that have a bunch of kids. I think you're very lucky and you should ignore comments like that. Besides, she might not have meant it in a rude way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)