Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my son more than my daughter..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
My daughter is 4, my son is 1.

My daughter has always had an attitude but lately if she doesn't get her way she throws herself on the floor screams at the top of her lungs and kicks. It's embarrassing and unacceptable... So punishments are to follow.

She gets:
Time outs
Toys taken away
Spend the night privileges taken away
Slaps on the hand/ and if really bad a spank.

My mom and I were talking about her behavior and then she told me she wants my daughter to spend the night New Year's Day. I said no that we will be spending the day as a family because my hubby has it off plus her behavior does not reflect a little girl that deserves to spend the night.

My mom then proceeded to ask why my son doesn't get punished and I told her he does to an extent but he's one. He gets told no, redirected and taps on the hand. She then told me well she never sees me punish him and that I don't because he's more special to me because he's a boy so I punish my daughter harder.

I tried to argue back that HE IS ONE! But she insists its because he's a boy and we love him more.

What a joke? How do I even handle her saying that?

She told me when I punish my daughter with no sleep overs it punishes her(my mom) and that's not fair to her.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM
BUMP
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Your Mom expects you to punish a 1 year old?
over40bride
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Your mom needs to STFU!

Your children, you pick the way you want to punish. I think you are doing fine.

JenGo
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Obviously punishments vary by age. Sounds logical to me, and doesn't sound like you have a preference because of it.
Are you an only child by chance?

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I think you shouldnt hit your child, that is clearly literally screaming for your (positive) attention.

Get into therapy, including your 4 year old.

achorney
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Your mother is supposed to be a grown woman. If she can't see that the DD is behaving badly, you can't fix her.

You still have to parent your children to be productive and well behaved citizens. 

kimbob2284
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I think your mom is throwing a tantrum because you won't let your daughter stay the night. Of course a 4 yo gets more punishment.  I am constantly explaining to my 6 yo that things are different for his 2 yo brother because of their ages, its why he (the 2 yo) doesnt get in as much trouble.  I tell the 6 yo that it was the same when he was 2, and the 2 yo will be treated like he is when he is 6 (hope that makes sense).  The ages are so different, so is the punishment. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I am not, I have an older sister.

Quoting JenGo:

Obviously punishments vary by age. Sounds logical to me, and doesn't sound like you have a preference because of it.
Are you an only child by chance?

KrissyKC
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM
My mom accused me of favoring my newborn over my 3 yr old during a visit.

I was surprised because my mother had favored my brother and abused us. I was like... um... just didn't know what ti say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Hahaha, I would just laugh in her face and walk away. 

Sorry, my 5 year old gets different punishments than my 3 year old (some are the same depending on their understanding of what they are doing).  And my baby will get different punishment than my older 2.  When they are at the same level of understanding of what is expected of them, yep, they'll get the same punishment.

But, not really sure how she expects you to punish a 1 year old?!?!?

And, really, punishing your DD is punishing her?  What is she, 2?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)