Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far is too far?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

Where is the line between narcissim and caring about one's appearance enough to look as if you don't hate yourself?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
pinkdaisy8864
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

27,843 selfies on FB is too many.

squocket
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, I can't imagine I'd get past one or two without getting bored with photographing myself.

Quoting pinkdaisy8864:

27,843 selfies on FB is too many.

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Well, I make sure I'm clean, my clothes look nice, and my hair and teeth are brushed before going out in public. I don't get all dressed up. I don't do up my hair unless it's a special occasion. My kids got to see me on makeup the first time in their lives for most of them this last fall due to me being in a play.

I'm far from narcissistic. LOL! I think putting tons of time into yourself, constantly admiring yourself, talking about how amazing you look, and such... Obsessing over and fondling yourself. LOL! That's a line that need not be found.
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM
The difference is that a narcissist wants to be admired and feels like they deserve attention.

I put on makeup and at least jeans and a sweater everyday. That's just because I feel better about starting my day if I'm dressed for whatever may come up!
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Making yourself feel good about yourself - wearing make up, if you want, dressing nicely, etc. - is not narcissism. Narcissism is when you think you're better than everyone else because of how much work you put into it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)