Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breeding pits

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I think it's a bad thing.

But not for the reason you might assume.
I know plenty of people who adopt pits long enough to find permanent homes, which is very hard to do. I've seen many pit bulls put down because it's nearly impossible to find rescue homes for them.. Not because there are so few people willing to do it, but there are so many that need a home. And there are limits to how many animals a person can care for..

So do not breed pits for extra money. That's ridiculous to do with an already overbred breed. With many towns and cities ushering bans, many animals are in desperate need of a home to avoid needlessly being put down. (I do NOT agree with these bans)
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM

The shelters are overflowing with pits and pit mixes.  It is heartbreaking that so many pits are put down each year.  Pits are the vicious ones, humans are for being so careless with the life of an animal.

maddiesmommy5
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I don't think certain people should breed dogs. Backyard breeders and puppy mills are the ones causing problems. Respectable breeders, that have show dogs and only want to improve the breed are another story, this goes for any breed of dog imo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, that's why I said for some extra money..high quality specimen of a breed should be kept in the gene pool to preserve quality.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

I don't think certain people should breed dogs. Backyard breeders and puppy mills are the ones causing problems. Respectable breeders, that have show dogs and only want to improve the breed are another story, this goes for any breed of dog imo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)